Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Who has a double draw dishwasher?

Page 2 of 2
Hi!

I had a F & P double dish drawer for about 5 years. That was one drawer on top of the other. I loved it. When I did my kitchen recently (still trying to work out how to post pics otherwise I would include a pic, I got 2 x F & P single dish drawers and put them one otherside of the kitchen sink. I LOVE THEM!! No bending to unpack the dishes any more.

All the builders/installers/plumbers who saw it looked at it and said, repeatedly, what a GREAT idea!

Now to back to working out how to attach a pic......
emeri, that is genius!!

Wish I thought of that earlier, would have planned for it in the kitchen design, oh well too late for me

.. but still, it is a great idea!
That is how my MIL is having them next time - previously she had them one on top of another. No good as she only used the top one all the time and the base one seized.
We have done a few installs like that. Some kitchen designs work well with two drawers but some with some kitchens it really ruins the flow.
Fisher and Paykel Dishdrawers are a waste of space, and have some bad reviews. We had one, and had no problems as far as reliabilty went (only had the home for 1 year), but you have 2 sets of everything to go wrong.
I haven't read all the reviews but I thought I would add my 2 cents

We had one for 1 1.2 yrs. I replaced the motor 3 times. The Dishwasher fixer-man (lol) said they kept him in business. Something to do with a small motor doing too much work. The newer models might not have the same problem.

I agree, they look great though.

I replaced mine with a a bosch, and i love it.
andrewkafp
Fisher and Paykel Dishdrawers are a waste of space, and have some bad reviews. We had one, and had no problems as far as reliabilty went (only had the home for 1 year), but you have 2 sets of everything to go wrong.

Valid point. Its bad enough when something goes wrong with only one! Sounds like double the trouble.

sheznay
I haven't read all the reviews but I thought I would add my 2 cents

We had one for 1 1.2 yrs. I replaced the motor 3 times. The Dishwasher fixer-man (lol) said they kept him in business. Something to do with a small motor doing too much work. The newer models might not have the same problem.

I agree, they look great though.

I replaced mine with a a bosch, and i love it.

I have a Bosch now it takes a long time to go through the smallest cycle but it is really very quiet and does a great job. We have had ours since our last Kitchen reno 7 years ago and never had any trouble.
I think there should be other 2 drawer manufacturers to compete with F & P, maybe there would be less faults with it if there was more competition. I do like the look but I think I might get another Bosh that can handle frequent small loads.
With regards to noise- I only ever run mine at night, like 2amish. It's quiet enough that it doesnt disturb anyone and I've only had to get up to an error code once in 9 years.

Just a suggestion tho
Related
31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum