Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

What is 2 Pak doors????

Page 1 of 1
Hi...

There is all these new terms when it comes to kitchens. You have laminate, timber and poly... but what is 2 pak and how durable is it... is it glossy or matt????

where does it fit in price wise between laminate and poly...

thanks
2pac is a painted finish. Like a car paint. It is sprayed and then baked.

You can have gloss, satin or Matt finish. I have gloss white.

It is normally the most expensive of the finishes.
This might help a bit:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37019&start=0

Cheers,

Earl
It is very durable but can be prone to chipping and scratches, as Kyton says, like car paint. The main advantages of 2 pack are its' aesthetics, color choice is unlimited and that fact that it can be applied to detailed surfaces. We have had our kitchen a year with a gloss white 2 pack and two young kids and no damage to date and I think it is more durable than people generally believe.

If you deal directly with your cabinet maker they should be able to do it for you at close to the price of the better vinyl applications.
Or I wonder if you could just take your existing cupboard doors to an auto spray painter and see how much they'd charge to paint and bake them with a 2pak paint?
i have also seen clear 2pac over woodgrain laminate, it looks very nice
it's not baked. Just sprayed and left to dry. The drying is a chemical process.

Called "2-pack" because they are 2 parts to the paint. The colour is in 1 tin, and the "hardener" is in another tin. You then mix them together and spray (or brush, if u like that finish).

Car sprayers wont do it. The process is know as "polishing". Checkout the yellow pages. Trade price is $80-120/m2 .

Paul
I wish I went 2 pac. We went vinyl wrap.. 2 pac was never offered to me
Related
14/05/2023
Sliding Doors

General Discussion

we have a standard size and often we have a lot of variety to choose

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

5/09/2023
Sliding doors direction

General Discussion

Pls help! The black marks show where our outdoor entertaining area would be along side of house as we have an irregular backyard and want to make use of the side as…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum