Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen Design Help Needed

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

We are currently going over the plans for our new home and I need some help with the kitchen design.

The kitchen has a capped wall, a gap, then another capped wall. I want to get rid of the capped wall but should I keep the capped wall near the sink area to hide mess?

Does anyone have a photo of their kitchen with a capped wall?

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/kitchen.pdf/

Thanks
Not a wall but I have a raised servery in front of my sink on my island bench. Has a dual purpose - hides the sink and any mess plus is tall cupboards on the front of the island bench separating the two sections of breakfast bar.

Front view

Sink view
yeah I see what you mean.
The house we are building has a capped wall, but no photos yet as it's not build.

IMO capped walls are important for kitchens but I think the trend these days is to have no capped wall in order to create the minimalistic look, especially when people are installing an underbench sink.

Could you maybe just lose the corner of the left hand side capped wall? So the opening is longer.

I think what kyton has done, looks great too.
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

27/09/2023
Design Puzzle Help

Outdoor Living

G'day I'm trying to put in some privacy screening on my rental rooftop on a tight budget. I've already invested about $500 in the supplies for this. The issue is…

24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum