Even did the plumbing myself today.... 2 trips to Bunnings and Walla

Oliveri Double Basin Sink, and guess what NO LEAKS!!!! WOOt WOOt

We also went and Bought our Fridge today -

Fisher Paykel
Model: E442BRXFDEZKleen
Stainless
Steel442 litres
$1749 on specials arrives this week

What do you think of these Island Seats from Ikea?
URBAN
Bar stool
$89.00
Really good to see your hard work and progress - the kitchen looks so much lighter and brighter now
I am really enjoying your kitchen reno. Thanks for the posts and the blog. I really appreciated the blog pics of the rubble when the arches met their maker. We are having a wall taken out when our reno proceeds and I don't think until I saw your pics I had really grasped how much rubble we are going to try and live with. Oui!! I will be very keen to see what you decide on splashbacks. And so far, I think you'd done a wonderful job. Cheerio!

LET THERE BE LIGHTS:

You can see the Transformation taking place in the kitchen and the Lounge room to be done next.... hence i have only done half the ceiling due to time, space and $$$ Once i get some more funds in a months time, ill seal the kitchen off so its still functional for cooking etc and dinner space, and finish the lounge to suit the kitchen..... 7 weeks to do the kitchen and hopfully half the time to do the lounge!!! But overall tonight we got lights power and a bit of Dishwashing action..... Yet to come is Fridge, hopefull this week... and then some tidy up like skirt boards, new doors etc...

We both really sat back and looked at each other and commented on the amazement on our little reno, our parents are blown away as lots of work was carried out buy us both, but Sparky was done by good friend, yes he is qualified, Gas boyz arrive again tomorrow to get the new stove top and oven some life!! Plumber was done at stage A, just re-directing the pipes, but i did all the connections under the sink!!! Good news the Dishwasher WORKS a Treat!!!

As you would all know from your own reno's so many little attention to details yet to be done.... but its on cruise mode now!!!

Thoughts on these chairs for the Island? Only $80
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/2-bar-stool-chocolate-solid-pine-seagrass-seat/

Would tie in nice with the Lounge we have and the Wood Venetians?
i can so see stools and splashack killing us to decide, well time for bed re-think in the morning
We have found our Bar Stools finally

Replica LEM Chrome Bar Stools - originals worth $395 but we went replica for $99

I think this will work just right for our area.....
Hi, just wondering if your benchtop is Pure Mineralstone or Toffee Mineralstone? You just mentioned it was Mineralstone so I'm curious to know which one
Thanks!
katie81
Hi, just wondering if your benchtop is Pure Mineralstone or Toffee Mineralstone? You just mentioned it was Mineralstone so I'm curious to know which one
Thanks!

Hi Katie,

The benchtops are from the Laminex Group, there not real stone - I WISH but for a home reno investment touwnhouse we went with a affordable solution:

All Details are below with a weblink to the company
Product: DiamondGloss Surfaces

Application: Benchtops, Wall Lining

Structure: Pattern

Finish: Gloss

Edging: Acrylic

Web: http://www.laminex.com.au/index.php

Hope this helps guys =)
Love the look of your fridge. I think the handle will tie in nicely with your cupboard door handles, which is probably why you chose it!

That ceiling work looks fantastic. Makes the place look much more modern. It makes such a difference to your room.

The bar stool you’ve chosen looks fine and should suit your kitchen just nicely. It's all coming together.
justfrank
katie81
Thanks!

Hi Katie,

The benchtops are from the Laminex Group, there not real stone

Hi justfrank, yep I realise the benchtop is Laminex
But the Laminex DiamondGloss range has two colours/patterns of similar names, one being Toffee Mineralstone and another being Pure Mineralstone. The Pure Mineralstone has a greyish tone to it, while the Toffee Mineralstone has a beigey tone to it. I have Toffee Mineralstone in my kitchen, but I was finding it hard to tell from your photo which one you had
I was curious because your cupboards are light and was wanting to know how it went with beigey coloured benchtop as opposed to the grey toned one if it is in fact the beigy one

I hope that makes sense!
Hey ours is Dimond Gloss Pure Milestone Grey Fleks throughout the benchtop, looks great against white on white hope we made sense LOL
Thanks! Makes perfect sense
Your kitchen so far is looking fab!!
justfrank - as a first poster and a stalker of the forums I must say man I was so impressed I HAD to post. Awesome work dude - Inspires me to wanna get into my kitchen ASAP!
Cheers All,

Today is Splash Back Day - Stay Tuned for more!!!!

The SplashBack was installed over the weekend, we would have loved to go Glass but the budget didnt allow so we optioned for a 300x600 White Tile which will look great once the grout is installed and everything else is sealed. The tiles are a very flat looking with a very faint pin stripe texture that is hard to see unless your up close. The colour, well White to keep the balance there and i had thoughts of a colour but didnt want to risk it clashing with other parts of the house. Overall the tiler was a good friend and only charged us $400 for the entire job - We are happy with the result, just cant wait for the grout and silcon to finish it all off.

Now we just gotta wait for our Bar Stool and some final finishing on the skirting and Finto!!!!

Oh and the Microwave doesnt belong there near the stove it was just in the pic at the time
We have relocated it into a cupboard on the other side of the kitchen
looks great.

you need a reciculation kit with the higher fascia [80mm approx] for your pullout rangehood to close the gap.

i was wondering about your Microwave
Kitchen in use now, and with a few new updates from last, the Splash back is installed, grouted and sealed had a friend do it for us for $500 with materials included, just went with a tile splashback 300 x 600 in Pure White with a fine pin stripe in the coating hard to see in photos but its very minor but gives a nice texture up close...

Also we bought some Coffee / Sugar / Tee holders by Kitchen http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Ecology-Kitchenware bought from David Jones only %50 for complete set that just sit nice and pretty on the benchtops....

We also bought a nice book holder to showcase a cooking book, just to add some colour to the background..... Soon ill have everything complete once bar stools arrive, but we are very happy with the splashback - what do you guys think?

BEFORE - we do scratch our heads at times and ask ourselves is this out place

AFTER - for everyone that has followed the blog you can see the transformation.... click on my signature to view the early stages

Tea Pot - from Freedom Furniture only $40 but its gas stove powered, but so cute

You can see the quality of the tiles and grout, plus the silcon was top shelf quality... my mate made it look so easy!!!!

Stay Tuned for more updates in weeks to come

Plus we both thank you for the warm comments - its our first time in a reno like this and we do look forward to many more in the future....
Gorgeous! I love it! what was the total cost?
Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum