Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Small gap or filler above your overhead cupboards?

Page 1 of 1
Do you have a small gap above your overhead cupboards (like in the pics below) or is there a "filler"?

Also, is it possible to have no gap without having a "filler"?

We don't have a gap above ours, although we only have two cupboards either side of our rangehood. I like the pictures you posted though, I have shadowline cornices and that would've matched, but could be a good place for all the creepy crawlies around here!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/eliz77/IMAG0283.jpg
(the paint job around the cupboards looks shocking in the photo, but it's quite neat in real life, not sure why it's showing up like that)
The last lo we had made had a 20cm gap at the top, but we did them our selves and the cupboards would have been too tall to use if they went all the way up.

They can't really be mounted hard against the roof as the doors won't open properly.

You could get a strip of the laminate cut to put above the cupboard and have that between the roof though.
That can be covered with a bulkhead which is an L shape two pieces of timber screwed to the top of the cabinet and hidden with screw caps to fill the gap.
I like the small gap! I want a kitchen with as few panel edges or joins showing as possible. (I say this with absolutely no idea of how much more it costs to achieve the streamlined look of a high-end modern kitchen on a modest budget, but I can dream...)
Or you can just do what I did - no overheads at all. So no filler bits needed!!

Related
12/01/2024
Overhead cupboards.

Building A New House

Hi, Can anyone give me approx. price for overhead cupboards. TIA

4/02/2024
Pot filler tap over hob

General Discussion

Hello I'm remodeling my kitchen and evaluating ideas. We are in the last stages of drawing and I am now considering putting a pot filler tap in above the hob. Has anyone…

18/04/2024
Does concrete foam filler need to be sealed?

Building A New House

There is nothing in the various codes and standards that puts this requirement on the builder to do. I think that is what you are asking. Don't waste time trying to get…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum