Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Stain on caesarstone

Page 2 of 2
i know its late but i'm happy so i would like to share what really works to remove stain and rust on ceasarstone... "BARKEEPER FRIEND" powder... thats all you need to do the job. I got this info from ceasarstone's staff and it really works. Instruction: sprinkle it over the rust/stain spot, put a very wet paper towel over that and leave for about 1 - 2 minutes. Wipe it off, if needed scrub VERY gently - DO NOT scrub hard . The rust should be gone. If some still remains, repeat. the consistency should be like a paste... it works on porcelain tiles too... good luck!
When the stone installer was here he told me to use Jif Cream, always use in a circular motion and with a soft sponge, (definitely not a scourer)and then rinse it and clean with Spray and Wipe.

Caesarstone usually sends you a free welcome pack with a little bottle of their cleanser if you register your product with them which I got too and they both seem like the same thing.

I've had Caesarstone for about a year now and many red wine rings, a bit of rust and some beet juice has all come off with the Jif.
A kitchen installer said to me today not to use jiff, it is too course and can the gloss and colour
The guys that did our stone said to use jiff. I always have and it works every time. The stone looks brand new. I also used it in the bathroom sink when my DS dropped his shaver in it and it scratched it. It fixed it straight away, couldn't c where the scratch had been.
great thread. Helped me decide to not go with the lighter coloured stone benches. QQ Starlight black ftw.
deb17
The guys that did our stone said to use jiff. I always have and it works every time. The stone looks brand new. I also used it in the bathroom sink when my DS dropped his shaver in it and it scratched it. It fixed it straight away, couldn't c where the scratch had been.

This is right but Jiff should be used with alot of water too. If you use Jiff only you risk changing the gloss level in the place your cleaning.

I put water directly onto the benchtop and then use a little bit of Jiff on a very wet clean cloth and make sure I clean more than just the stain.
This is what I started to do: When I notice that a stain has "grabbed" onto the stone, I wipe it first (no chemicals, just water is enough) and then just dab a little clean water on the area and leave it. The stain disappers on its own, water draws it out.

BTW, our bench is a very light colour.
yer I always use water. I never use any cleaning product without it. I have only ever had two stains, red wine and beetroot that reqired jiff. I normally use clean soapy water to clean the stone. I love my white benchtops and they r easy to keep clean.
Read on another post that someone has successfully used the magic eraser sponges and the caesarstone cleaner to remove red wine and turmeric stains from her essastone white bench tops, no marks left and gloss intact
Read the Care & Cleaning Essentials for Stone
https://stonebenchtopcleaner.com.au/sds/Quartz_Care&Maintanence_Essentials_(2018web)DSA_Rev4.pdf
Got uba tuba granite and professional cleaners told me to use high quality dish washing detergent on a microfibre cloth that is wrapped around a cleaning tool, make sure cloth is fairly wet and place dishwashing liquid along bottom of cloth, wipe bench all over and sqee gee off and finish wiping last bits of water with a large microfibre cloth, done this for years and bench sparkles clean with high gloss shiny look.
Thats fine, but you are talking about a granite, not quartz
Also soap or detergents will make the surface dull and sticky over time.
Professional cleaners are not stonemasons, we see all the time oven, drain cleaner damage and also damage from gumption on all stone from professsional cleaners including bleach
See our Care & Cleaning Essentials for Stone & Quartz
StoneGuru
Thats fine, but you are talking about a granite, not quartz
Also soap or detergents will make the surface dull and sticky over time.
Professional cleaners are not stonemasons, we see all the time oven, drain cleaner damage and also damage from gumption on all stone from professsional cleaners including bleach
If you use a high quality professional aussie made product from wizard Australia, no soap on contents, environmentally friendly, used for years with no dulling effect, believe me I'm fussy and won't use a product that damages stone.

Related
3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

29/01/2024
Anyone know the process to stain axon cladding

Building A New House

The most definitive answer to your question James is this taken from the James Hardie Axon Cladding Installation Guide - i just happen to have it…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum