Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Help with kitchen colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi, new to this forum and was wondering for some of your expert opinions. We are renovating our Kitchen and here are our colours. (sorry for the bombardment of questions, any help will be much appreciated)

Splash Back - Really haven't made up my mind yet -Maybe peruvian clay? in a metalic?

Bench Top - Caesarstone - Ice Snow

Cupboard Doors - 2pak - high gloss using the laminex Parchment colour

Cabinets - 2pak - high gloss using the laminex Parchment colour

Draws - 2pak - high gloss using the laminex Parchment colour

Kickboard - as above but the back of the breakfast bar, in the peruvian clay colour (2pak high gloss)

My questions are:
Does the Parchment colour ever throw pinks, i really want to avoid any pinks or yellow hues coming out in the kitchen, and i'm pretty sure i don't want white cabinetry.
Also we are having all white appliances, will this look silly? I know SS would def go better but i'd prefer white.

For the splashback will this clash with my kickboard under the breakfast bar or should i just keep that white?

Sorry i don't have any plans to show you. Also if you have seen any kitchens with these colours could you please advise where i could have a look at the photos.

Thank you
Hi flossy17,

I just had a quick look through my selections box, but I don't have a 'Parchment' sample on hand. Having a look over the Laminex website though, the colour does appear to have a slight pink hue to it (could just be my laptop screen though). With your Ice Snow benches and white appliances the parchment colour will not look the least 'white' and may through some 'colour' depending on what flooring and paint selections you have made for the room...

I guess the question is, are you looking for an -all white- kitchen? If so, then I would suggest sticking with say maybe White or Ash White for the cabinetry and introducing a few accent colours in your small appliances and utensils (say red toaster and kettle, etc etc)
I hope the lovely fairy blue doesn't mind.... but here is a pic of her kitchen from another thread. Peruvian Clay up top and Parchment below. Gorgeous together!

Thanks for posting that Jo. You have the best memory. I don't know how you do it.
Thank you everyone. Ikon thankyou for your input, i'm definately after a warm/neutral tone kitchen, not white. The floor tiles we've picked are called 'drift sand' from beaumonts, they are a light sandy brown colour. Its sooo hard to know if your picking the right things.grrr-fun tho!:))

Joles your kitchen is gorgeous, does the parchment always look like a warm white, or does it look pink ever? Same i suppose with the peruvian clay.

Thanks again for all your help,
It's my kitchen flossy and the parchment doesn't throw any pink, it always looks like a warm white. I have used it in my laundry and bathrooms also but with a dark top - stipple seal
Here it is in the bathroom, sorry not the best photo but as you can see, not pink.

Here are the laundry cabinets, sorry the only pic I have is during construction and not the best.

Sorry Fairy Blue, i was just coming back to say sorry about saying it was Joles kitchen and there you were..soz. Your bathroom looks amazing, i luuve it! You definately put my mind at rest. I know stainless is the way to go, but if you put white appliances up against your cupboards do you think it would make the cupboards look dirty?? thanks again
I don't think it would make the cupboards look dirty but it would show that the cupboards are an off white. You can kinda see that with the bathroom photo above. Check out the white tiles in comparison with the cupboards. You would see they are different but it wouldn't look bad.
Have you considered New Antique White? We chose that with similar colour floor tiles that you're considering. It's not as stark as parchment. Just a thought.
Thank you so much everyone for your replies. I am still soooo torn with this. I am starting to consider going for just a white gloss, the look is gorgeous but i still feel it is too stark for me. If i go the white i worry that the peruvian clay will not match either. AHHHH this is sooo hard. Do any of you know of a white that doesn't throw yellows or pinks, does it have to have a grey in it to do this?
Related
24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum