Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Laminex DiamondGloss Edging question

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys
Ive been searching this forum and have found numerous posts about the diamond gloss product, but not much on the edging for the square edge stone look.

I have called laminex and they dont even have any in their showroom, and cant send me a sample.

There was a pic I saw on here with the square edging but it was small and I couldnt see it clear.

So if anyone has it, can you please post up a picture I cant find any anywhere and my builder says it cant be done!

Laminex said that their brochure "may" have been digitally altered as they show on the front page an 80mm thick benchtop and you cant see any joins at all on the corner edge or where the 2 edge strips would meet.
The brochure says you get an invisible join on the corner edge, so basically thats what I want to see.

Hoping someone here can help me out

thanks in advance!
I have only one photo of it. It's in my thread on the first page - it's the first pic of my kitchen reno - it is on the edge/end of the bench not on the bar bit where the stools are.

The edge reminds me of clear plastic - you don't see any glue at all and it's the colour of the bench top.

I hope that helps - unfortunately that's the only pic I ever got of it.
Hi,
Here are some close ups of our island bench with waterfall edges.

Cheers.
benschke, exactly what I was after, thanks so much for your help!
@benschke
Is this laminex type or a stone What's the colour called called?
I have to chosen a laminated benchtop but your looks stunning
Wonder if it is really laminated

Thanks
grinder
@benschke
Is this laminex type or a stone What's the colour called called?
I have to chosen a laminated benchtop but your looks stunning
Wonder if it is really laminated

Thanks

Yes definitely laminate. Pure Mineralstone in Diamond Gloss
Looks tops
Very nice - from a distance you can't even tell that it's not stone!
benschke
Hi,
Here are some close ups of our island bench with waterfall edges.

Cheers.

Benschke - if you see this - how are your edges going now? we are getting pure mineralstone on our benchtop and I really the the diamond gloss edging, but hubbie isn't too sure, would prefer the 'square' rolled edge if that's what its called.

or too anyone who has the diamond gloss edging - has it lasted well? any signs of chipping etc???
We took a punt and chose the diamond gloss edging without seeing it first and that picture bits me at ease BIG TIME!!! Looks great!
*puts me at ease. (damn iPhone! Lol)
The edging is great, only problem is on a waterfall island unit.

The edging doesnt cause a problem its the laminate. The bench top and waterfall are usually joined at 45degrees casuing a very sharp edge that is easily damaged.
Butting the waterfall up under the bench top is a solution but doesnt look that great.

Does anyone have pictures of a 45degree laminate join on a waterfall that is a few years old?
Related
27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum