Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Please help me, dead line today in deciding cook top!

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, I really need urgent help from Homeone experts.
I need to decide on cook top and let builder know by today....
Originally I was 100% sure that I'll love ariston 900mm gas cook top as below

I went to Harvey Norman last night and it was so much more chunkier in real life than the picture.
My builder quoted me $1532 for the Ariston.
Then, sales lady started talking to me about induction cook top which I always wanted but was reluctant to go with because of the fact that it still runs by electricity rather than gas.
I cook almost every day, 2-3 dishes, use wok for most of things, (being Asian both myself and partner)
I boil stuff for long long time...like 3-4 hours for a dish quite a few days in a week.

My main concern is whether it'd be a even larger electricity bill since gas is just so cheap....
I do know induction cooks heaps faster and ppl saying it's more efficient, but the price difference between gas and electricity will cancel that out in my opinion...

My builder can supply either westing house 60cm 4 zone induction at around $1300
or 80cm Electrolux for $2,000

I've seen my mum using her induction cook top but I've never used myself
i'd love to go those cooking classes and experience myself but I have no time..
Please please help me decide guys.
Cheerssssss
I would have thought that gas was much better for wok cooking?
Yeah true... but cleaning wise. Look at the ariston cook top......imagine cleaning...gosh.. haha
saemiseon
Hi guys, I really need urgent help from Homeone experts.
I need to decide on cook top and let builder know by today....
Originally I was 100% sure that I'll love ariston 900mm gas cook top as below

I went to Harvey Norman last night and it was so much more chunkier in real life than the picture.
My builder quoted me $1532 for the Ariston.
Then, sales lady started talking to me about induction cook top which I always wanted but was reluctant to go with because of the fact that it still runs by electricity rather than gas.
I cook almost every day, 2-3 dishes, use wok for most of things, (being Asian both myself and partner)
I boil stuff for long long time...like 3-4 hours for a dish quite a few days in a week.

My main concern is whether it'd be a even larger electricity bill since gas is just so cheap....
I do know induction cooks heaps faster and ppl saying it's more efficient, but the price difference between gas and electricity will cancel that out in my opinion...

My builder can supply either westing house 60cm 4 zone induction at around $1300
or 80cm Electrolux for $2,000

I've seen my mum using her induction cook top but I've never used myself
i'd love to go those cooking classes and experience myself but I have no time..
Please please help me decide guys.
Cheerssssss

Hi
I am going for the Ariston 750mm so it has a nice wok burner and flame failure cheaper than yours but still a very good burner I normally bash my cookware and land hard on the cooktop I do take cooking seriously and fast action all the time so induction is not for me. I also written off pre-programed ovens to me they are not worth the extra money so I am sttling for a Bosch or a Electrolux electric pyrolitic.
G'day Thanks for the input:)

I had to let my builder know by end of business day today, and they offered Electrolux 80cm Induction $500 cheaper than the RRP, plus my partner has been threatening me that he won't help me clean in the kitchen anymore, so I went for the induction. haha
Cleaning was quite big thing for me as well as I can't keep my current one clean at all.
I have Delonghi 60cm currently, and it's impossible to keep it clean....

I'm trying to stay satisfied with my decision, but just tried all the pots and pans with magnetic bar to see whether they will be compatible to use with induction, and surprisingly NONE of them would. haha
which means a big shopping list for me, again!

Thanks anyway.
Ariston was used in master chef kitchen so I believe they will be awesome, and heard it's really good quality.
I think you made a wise choice. Having seen the induction in action, I am reselling my brand new gas cooktop for induction. You will use less power with induction than normal and gas prices are on the way up. Cleaning on these things is AMAZING. You basically take a piece of paper towel and put it UNDER your pan as you are cooking. Awesome. Dont panic about pots - there is a thing you can buy from cooking shops that will allow you to cook with a pan that is not induction ready.

You wont regret it - my gas smeg in the garage looked a bit like your first choice and I am so over cleaning gas hobs.

Unless it is shapped, induction won't work for a traditional wok - you may need to get a flat bottomed one.

alternatively you could look for a portable gas burner, or a bbq with a gas work burner.

I've read that induciton has good low simmers that should be good for your long cooking recipies.

My DH is a chef and I tried really hard to talk him into induction (love the look), he cooked dinner at our friends but found he didn't like it, so we went with a highland ceramic gas cooktop that is also very easy to clean, and has very high output right down to VERY low simmer (which can be hard with gas).
Thanks guys for your input.

Leni, Luckily I have a flat bottomed wok:) also I have a bbq with wok burner on the side
I'll probably use that for cooking something for long long time

I am quite excited about the cook top Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related
19/03/2024
Help! Relocate neighbouring power line

Building A New House

Our relationship with the owner is good, but I'm not sure if I want to impose putting a pole on their property. Your conversation with your neighbour must have gone well…

2/05/2023
gas line re-purposed to water main?

Building A New House

thanks Simeon appreciate your input.

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum