Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

caesarstone stain testing - expressions of interest :)

Page 1 of 2
hey guys

i have a chunk of caesarstone - ice snow - thats left over from our build, we arent in our place yet so i have been having all sorts of fun doing my materials and destruction testing in the mean time

anyway to date i have tested a few things on the stone and i thought i'd share

the tea bag - left overnight - no stain
the drop of red wine - left overnight - no stain
the dollop of sweet mustard pickle - left overnight - stain - leaving a slight discolouration which once you scrub and scrub and scrub (ive just used mild washing up detergent and a cloth) lightens - but its still there - probably might need a chemical cleaner

i'm happy to run a few tests for any interested campers - we keep some funny food - hit me up - but you've only got a few weeks

if im not in my place soon enough i'll let you all know how easily caesarstone travels through plasterboard...
fresh blueberry juice!
beetroot?
olive oil
hmm dont have blueberry juice - but olive oil and beetroot - im on to it
Thank you!!

mav999
if im not in my place soon enough i'll let you all know how easily caesarstone travels through plasterboard...

mpcj
Thank you!!

mav999

i'll let you know the results tomorrow
Mix a bit of turmeric in some cooking oil, warm it, and put a small drop on. Leave overnight.
royalblue
Mix a bit of turmeric in some cooking oil, warm it, and put a small drop on. Leave overnight.

That's what I was about to suggest! I know from past experiences!
Better give that recipe to Anthony too!
Tandoori paste
oh and red food colouring
Red cordial
Green cordial
Fanta, particularly a ring of it from a cup sitting on it.
Try rust. Leave a piece of rusted metal then add water around it. This was the hardest trouble i had but still managed to get it off with elbow grease.
royalblue

Yep, I've tried this on CS Nougat, n the next morning after a clean wash, could still find the light yellow tinge on the sample.
From previous tests done by someone on this forum, curry (that is, turmeric) was basically the only thing that would stain Caeserstone. A light rub with Jiff fixed that problem. For rust, which is very unlikely to find it's way onto your kitchen benchtop, try CLR.

Thanks mav999. I look forward to your findings.
clr sounds like an idea istead of elbow grease. However casa rust can actually make it way from strainless steel dish racks for example.
Tomato paste (ie spag bol)
oil
coffee/tea stains

great idea! look forward to the results
Mel
I've had rust on my CS Ice snow (in the powder room). I have an iron urn on the bench top with an orchid in it and when the kids splash and make a mess and don't clean up after themselves, it does leave rust marks. Jiff does get it off, though!
All left overnight
Olive oil - no stain
Beetroot - no stain
Chilli paste - discolouration - slightly worse than sweet mustard pickle
Tomato paste - no stain
Tomato sauce - no stain
Soy sauce - no stain
turmeric - yep discolouration - as our resident kitchen experts had predicted

i have to get some jiff to see how it goes getting rid of it
The rust, coffee, fanta and food colourings are good ones - im on to that
Jiff is quite a crude product. I wouldn't recommend it.

If you've paid good money on quality benchtops, get some Poultice.
It is a good product to have on hand for all sorts of stains in stone and agglomerate bench tops.

http://www.aquamix.com.au/products/poultice.php

Of course, remove substances ASAP to prevent staining. If disperse dyes such as turmeric or pollen from lillies get on the bench, carefully vacuum it up without smudging first. For stains that come from the ground (pencil, rust, minerals, etc) a bit of lemon juice or white vinegar can be used with poultice (but NOT on marble). Follow Aquamix instructions for stain removal using poultice.

Ash.
What is CLR???

Have you tried leaving a puddle of Coke on it overnight?
And what about a dash of bleach or Exit Mould (leave it until it dries out)?
Related
3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

29/01/2024
Anyone know the process to stain axon cladding

Building A New House

The most definitive answer to your question James is this taken from the James Hardie Axon Cladding Installation Guide - i just happen to have it…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum