Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Freestanding cooker - to go wider or not to go wider?

Page 1 of 1
So our new house's kitchen comes complete with a dud cooker - what a great excuse to get a new one!

This is the current setup:

Am trying to decide whether or not to steal some space from the cupboard to the right and extend out to 900mm. I guess it would mean eating into the cupboard above also to put in a matching-sized rangehood.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Is it more money that it's worth?? We're probably going to renovate the kitchen eventually (in say, 5 years) but would dearly love a larger cooker in the meantime.

All opinions welcome, including telling me i'm nuts
I think you got to consider a separate cooktop and oven eventually you may decide to put them separatly where is more convenient. On the other hand the choice of a larger cooktop or stove or oven depends on your cooking needs rather than fashion remember the larger the unit the higher the consumption of energy obviously not good enough to making toasts.
Now it is all up to you to make a choice based on your needs or fashion statement.
I would absolutely upgrade to a 90cm oven. If the kitchen will eventually go I'd put in a freestanding one which can easily relocate anywhere.
Actually I look for any excuse to have a freestanding 90cm cooker but this is a good one..
We are getting a 900mm freestanding cooker. l think it looks so much more appealing.
900mm all the way. You will have no regrets.
I definitely don't want it for fashion reasons. I'd like a wider cooktop as i frequently have large pans bumping together on a 600mm cooktop, so the extra space is something i'd love! I also love to bake, so wider cookie sheets/fitting 2 pans side-by-side etc would make that process speedier

I think i had better at least look into doing this, see how much i'd be up for. Thanks guys!!
Related
3/02/2024
Cooker now power after boil over

Kitchen Appliances

get an electrician to check and repair before you kill yourself

25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum