Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

20mm caesarstone waterfall edge??

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, DH and I are getting close to colour selections but can't decide which way to go with the caesarstone bench tops. We had originally been quoted for 30mm but have since found out that there is a limited colour selection for that size, I love "mink" but it doesn't come in 30mm and I'm not overly fussed on any of the colours that are.... (although havn't seen actual samples just the brochure).
So the question is, do we compromise on colour to get the 30mm, or get the colour we love in the 20mm? Although not sure what a waterfall edge will look like with 20mm???
Any opinions or pics of 20mm waterfall edge would be greatly appreciated!
I have 20mm with a waterfall edge. Not everyone likes it, but I really like how light the 20mm looks.

Here is one pic. I'll hunt up some others if you need some.
Here's another 20mm waterfall. I quite like the waterfall in any thickness.

But that's just my opinion.
We are getting waterfall in the 20mm too. Our house isn't built yet but I think it will look great
You can always go for 40 mm, which is done by gluing two 20 mm slabs together. It's fairly standard and costs about the same as 30 mm (since it's not 40 mm everywhere, only the exposed bits)
I recently quoted a job for "Deluxe" Caesarstone in 40mm (20mm slab with laminated 40mm edges) and 30mm (entire slab in 30mm).

the 30mm actually comes out cheaper by approximately 10% - more material but far less labour.

Cheers.

Earl
Thanks guys, hadn't really seen 20mm in waterfall but those pics look great.
Hubby not a fan of 40mm otherwise that would have been an option I'd consider.
Any ideas on how much we will save by downsizing to 20mm? But then an upgrade to delux caesarstone, as "mink" is a delux colour??
I love my 20mm waterfalls, I like how it looks lighter than 40mm.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13838&start=780
check out the 'show me your kitchen' thread pages 34 and 40.

or the full album is at
http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... loo/House/

For price it is best to shop around, it is pretty easy to get quotes once you have your drawings, and that is the best way to determine price. Different colours are different prices, and don't forget there are lots of other choices like essa stone.
Hi there,

I am looking to get Caesarstone in our new house and I really really like the very white stones, but am wondering if anybody knows about staining issues? eg, tea, beetroot, tomato etc.. I see on caesarstone website that they have a guarantee about it.. but I am still curious to knw from someone who actually has it.
I know in the past I heard things about it being very porous and staining, but maybe they have changed the treatment on the stone?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Amy
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

13/09/2023
Slab edge Dampness

General Discussion

Quarter of it

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum