Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Help with kitchen cabinet colour

Page 1 of 1
We are just finalising our selections and I am in love with everything we have picked, but I am unsure of the colour for our kitchen cabinets

Our colours throughout the house are mainly grey and white.

We are having quite a dark grey floor tile, we are having white splash backs with a dark grey/black feature tile, our walls are going to be painted Pebble Grey (or a similiar shade) with white trims and our bench tops are quite a dark grey/black swirl colour. At this stage we have picked white for our cabinets, but I am really unsure of this colour choice. I don't want to change any of our other colour selections.

Has anyone else got a similiar colour scheme in their kitchen and if so could they share photos?

or

What other colours could we look at for our cabinets?
sorry i dont have anything similar to show you, but what you've described sounds really nice IMO! I can't think of anything that would suit the rest of your colours better than white. match the trims, bring some lightness to the kitchen, contrast with the benches...

is the splashback going to be on starfire glass? to get rid of the green tinge, I would...
I agree with donuts. The colours sound great and white or parchment would be a good contrast to bench and splashback and... you'll never get sick of it (hopefully)
Our splashbacks are going to be large white wall tiles. I don't know too much about them except that the height of the tile run from the top of the bench to under the cupboard (if that make sense) so there is no grout lines except between the tiles (which is where we are having our line of feature tiles). I have seen them layed in the display home for our builder with a dark benchtop and they did not seem to have a green colour to them they just looked really clean and uncluttered.
I don't have pics as mine still hasn't been done, but I have chosen a very similar scheme for my kitchen. We have a charcoal coloured floor tile, night sky stone bench, gloss white cupboards, white wall tiles with a stone black feature tile and grey comfort wall paint colour from taubmans. I'm hoping it's all going to come together nice!!!
lj3376 your colour scheme does sound really close to what we are having, cannot wait to see how your kitchen looks
Rebecca 1983 & lj3376 you both sound like you are going with VERY similiar colour choices as me. Have your houses started? Id love to see some pics
Hi

My kitchen cabinets were supposed to go in last week, but something got delayed so hopefully (fingers crossed) they will go in maybe this week. Will def post some pics as soon as I can.
I've had to change my floor tile too because the ones we chose, which were a charcoal colour are not going to be available until early september and the builder has requested delivery on July 30th. The ones I have chosen now are a gloss black with white running through them- they look more marble.
Here is a pic of my color selections

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww316/lj3376/th_IMG_0433.jpg

On my way to work this morning, I noticed the cabinet maker was at my house!!!
Rebecca, I too think White cupboards would be great,an alternative to think about would be a lightish grey.
Hi, I would chose white, I think white would look great with the dark colors. We have been looking at colors, our house will not start being built until December or Jan as our land settles in November. I have chosen mainly greys, whites and maybe a little bit of chocolate colored woodgrain. White always looks good, classy and will never date, I love grey.
What about formica Rock Salt? It is an off white with a grey tinge. I have it for kitchen overheads and laundry overheads and I wish I'd used it more. Visually it has a slight texture to it, but feels smooth and has a hint of grey. It is a little more forgiving with marks than white, but is still really light and would contrast really well with your dark selections.
Hi Joles!

We have chosen Rock Salt for all of our kitchen cupboards with a white (Laminex Natural Quartz Squareform) for the benchtop and i would really really really appreciate a photo of your rock salt cupboards as it doesn't seem to be too popular on here!! I am struggling to find any good photos of it and would soooooo appreciate you posting a photo of them?!! Only if you can!
bobbaloochi, here is the Rock Salt in the kitchen. Only the overheads are Rock Salt, the rest is Stipple Hemp.
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u353/joles_photo/2010-07-15_09-28-59_150720101529.jpg

And the overheads in the laundry before we moved in. Sorry the pic isn't very good, but there is crapola all over the laundry at the moment so couldn't take a new one.

Let me know if you need any more.
Thank you Joles! That's fantastic! I was worried it was going to look too dark or woodgrainy so i am really happy to see it's quite light which is what i had hoped!

Thank you soo much for that! Love your kitchen by the way - TWO OVENS!! Awesome and love the glass splashback. Looks lovely! Thanks again for the photos - much appreciated.
Thanks for putting up the photo of the Rock Salt cupboards. We've picked them for our kitchen, and I was slightly concerned about how they were going to look.
joles
bobbaloochi, here is the Rock Salt in the kitchen. Only the overheads are Rock Salt, the rest is Stipple Hemp.
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u353/joles_photo/2010-07-15_09-28-59_150720101529.jpg

And the overheads in the laundry before we moved in. Sorry the pic isn't very good, but there is crapola all over the laundry at the moment so couldn't take a new one.
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u353/joles_photo/2009-10-21_14-37-11_211020091343.jpg

Let me know if you need any more.

Oh i just love the colours that you have chosen in your kitchen.. Im especially in love with your splashback.. Would it be rude of me to ask you what colour and type of glass you used? Its just so tasteful and elegant.. Absolutely beautiful!
i would also love to know the colour of the splashback..it is stunning...
Oh I only just rediscovered this thread.
Sorry to debinsydney and kaz101 for taking so long to reply.

My splashback is Dulux Army Issue on standard glass (with the tinge), not on starfire (the completely clear one).
Related
30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum