Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Good Coffee Machine

Page 1 of 3
I love my coffee and would like to get a really good coffee machine that won't require a mortgage, any recommendations please. which ones and where please
A delonghi they are really good machines
We love our automatic coffee machine, we brought ours about 7years ago $1500 Saeco on sale at myers, worth every cent it may sound like a lot of money but it gets used every day, we are just about to take it in for its second servce. We also have a delonghi pod machine we recieved via redemtion with our freestanding stove, it has an automatic milk frother it retails for about $800. It also makes great coffee but getting the pods can be a pain you have to order them online or Myers cbd store (brisbane) sells them about 70 cents a pod.

Both machines have there advantages and disadvantages I would def get a machine that if fully automatic for both milk & coffee as we find we couldn't be bothered with the steam arm on the saeco, but I do prefer being able to buy the whole beans from where ever I choose (mmm merlo).

Worth the investment, have not brought instant coffee in years
Cheers Lou
Ha - I remember this question got asked on another forum that I read. Such a simple question but it brought the coffee mafia out of the woodwork and the thread exploded with debate!

Unfortunately I have nothing else useful to offer because I don't drink the stuff
I wouldn't buy any brand that uses pods, because as already noted they're hard to come by, and you're limited in your choice of coffees. If your machine takes beans or ground coffee (ours takes either), then you can use any kind you like or go nuts and make up your own fancy blends.

Ours is a Saeco, and while it's easy to use and makes great coffee, we've had it in for repairs twice within the warranty period.

I don't know what the full price was, since our son got us a nice discount, but we paid just under $1000 for it. Worth every cent.
that's the thrid time I've heard good things about Saeco coffee machine; Kek & take2 does it produce a creamy like coffee? I like my coffee short and strong but creamy as well and I'm not sure if the small coffee machines produce enough pressure to do this?
hermyleen
that's the thrid time I've heard good things about Saeco coffee machine; Kek & take2 does it produce a creamy like coffee? I like my coffee short and strong but creamy as well and I'm not sure if the small coffee machines produce enough pressure to do this?

I drink long blacks, my husband is a short black man. Well, not actually a short black man, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Anyway, the reason we bought this machine is because it makes coffee with the most perfect "crema" on top. Mmmm....

Like this:

The pressure is fine, and it's not all that small....

we have a DeLonghi Nespresso and i love it. I use it every day.
But yes as said before you have to buy the capsules online,but i just make sure im stocked up all the time
If the beans are good & fresh we alway get a good crema on the coffee, I drink a long black so I like to have good beans.

Harvey Norman quiet often have the machines on demo, so you can try them out.

Cheers Lou
take2
Harvey Norman quiet often have the machines on demo, so you can try them out.

Cheers Lou

Yep, that's where we got to try ours out.
We bought it somewhere else though (cheaper).

Hmm, must be time for another long black....
Hi,

I have recently purchased DeLonghi Nespresso, I did some research on the web and then purchased it. I would recommend you to visit Nespresso website and search the Coffee models according to your choice.
We have a Nespresso and love it..small and coffee is quite good. The pods are a PITA as u have to buy them online or in only 1 store..where they want u to register your details and get really snotty when you refuse.
I have a Nespresso DeLonghi with one of the aeroccinos (for doing the milk)- I love it and couldn't live without it. Once you've had nespresso there's no going back in my opinion. And I come from a loooooooong line of coffee drinkers with a loooooooong line of coffee machines and we've now all got various nespresso machines (suited to our lifestyles). There's a huge variety of strengths and blends in the pods so it's hard to get bored and there's new ones coming out all the time- of course you get your favourites and tend to stick with those.
I like the simplicity and ease of it all- fail proof, tasty coffee every time. And ordering online is no big drama at all, it comes promptly, or you can now by in store at selected Myers.

Hmmmm I sounds like a sales rep- but I swear I'm not!!
Oooh forgot to add the biggest upside to having the pods (apart from simple cleaning and use) is that you can in a matter of minutes make a variety of coffees according to peoples requirements- great for entertaining and ppl are always really impressed.

Ok that really is all from me
any Gaggia?
We have a Delonghi Magnifica 3500, only just got it last week
and we love it! Bought it off Greysonline (factory second) with full manufacturers warranty, these retail for $1799 and we got it on Greys for less than $800. You can also buy the seconds off Ebay i believe for around $900. Its fully automatic, including milk! and has a one touch setting.
A really good web site is: www.coffeesnobs.com.au

I started with a kmart breville $150 special (now have it at work, its ok I guess), then I upgraded to a Sunbeam 6910 wich was a pretty good machine for $700, best of the thermoblock designs (incedentaliy just saw an add on the tv where they are giving away a free grinder with the machine again, the grinder is pretty good too EM0480 from memory).

I now have an ECM Giotto, second hand from coffesnobs site, that cost about 1.8k with a commercial quality grinder, it can get addictive

In the lunch room at work they have Saeco that has just made 40000 cups with only the water pump (its plumbed in) having to be changed. The coffee is not as good as the traditional espresso machines though.
We use Harris beans what do you prefer?
I get mine online from: www.coffeecompany.com.au
blutek
any Gaggia?

We almost bought one - my husband had his heart set on it, but I hated the retro style of the one in our price range. Ugliest thing I ever saw.
I hear they're excellent machines though.
Related
2/04/2024
Extending Washing Machine Hose

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hey all Currently renovating our laundry, bought a new washing machine but have found that the drainage hose is alot shorter than the old machine (which I used to get the…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum