Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Laminex Freestyle surfaces 30mm

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone used this? I was wondering how it compared to caesar stone (which I desparately want but can't afford
)
Thanks
Forgot to add the link...

http://www.laminex.com.au/resource/pdf/ ... le30mm.pdf
hmmmm...maybe I could go for Laminex squareform. Anyone used this?

http://www.laminex.com.au/resource/pdf/ ... 08_WEB.pdf
I believe the Laminex Freestyle is better than Ceasarstone, in strength, durability etc, however Freestyle is more expensive as well.
They have some beautiful colour ranges.
Hi Smelly melly

Had a look at the freestyle range. They have nice colours, look like stone with diamond gloss finish. Will be considering that for my kitchen if it fits the budget.
WOW loving the freestyle range! Has anybody gotten prices on those?

Bianco Quartz is beautiful, it's the colour/pattern I was always after but couldn't afford stone so went with their diamond gloss range in Toffee Mineralstone, which is a much "busier" version of this. I hope it's way outta my price range because it's too late for me to change now! My benchtop got ordered last week!! Budgets suck
My next kitchen I am definitely going for something like this
Hi,

I used the squareform benchtop in a reno of our old house. It looks fantastic and it will definately be my choice if our budget doesn't allow CS.

I am very interested to know whether the Freeform is more expensive than CS too??

Michelle
I love the colour range they have esp Zucchero. I wanted this for all the bathrooms initially. I'm not sure how much extra it is compared to normal laminex. I also would like to know the difference in prices between laminex standard range and stone.
We are getting Laminex Freestyle. Here's our story if you care
Our builder included 4 colours as standard, so we were limited with choice, and they didn't go with the colour scheme I wanted (I wanted a dark bench top with white cupboards and a dark splashback). And unfortunately, they had a deal and to go for any of the other colours would be $1800 (we do have lots of bench top too). I started looking at other options immediately as I though that isn't worth it for plastic and I wanted dark colours, but my fiance convinced me to have a look at it and then decide. There's a Laminex display place in Perth, so we went there, and I just loved the look of the Freestyle, and when I heard it was more durable than Ceasarstone, and they said you can buff stains out too (a concern of mine being plastic), I was sold. So we just rearraged the look in our kitchen to suit one of the 4 colours our builder offered (we went with snow white since stains can be buffed out anyway). It looks excellent - there are no lines. Maybe see if there's a Laminex display place you can go to and look at the choices - it is something you should see in person as it changed my mind. When it eventually goes into our house too, I'll post some pictures
mrs_smith, who are you building with and what were the 4 colours you could choose from, if you don't mind me asking?

Can't wait to see pics of it in your place when it goes in!
It was with Ultimate Homes. It was Snow White, Risotto and I can't remember the other 2. They were the lighter colours in beige shades. Our problem was that we went for charcoal and white as our other colours, and they didn't match the 3 options so we could only go with Snow White and I was worried about having a white benchtop (until I found out how hardy they are). All the colours still looked nice though
I was also looking at these benches (saw them at the adelaide laminex showroom), i did get a sample of the black one which has like glitter through it, absolutely love it think its called davinci? Cant recall the exact name, but im pretty sure the sales rep said it was about $600 a l/m.

Its way over budget for this house as its not my dream house, i have since found a smartstone colour that i love which is similar but with chunkier sparkly bits in it that will be a definate for my next house.
This is interesting. We are also offered Laminex Freestlye 30mm range by our builder (also 4 colours to choose from). We have opted for a different colour outside the range and have accepted the additional cost.

However when we went to the Kitchen/Cabinet makers they offered us the ceaserstone for the same price. If we go the stone we are going to go black benchtops. If we go the laminex its the kosciosko white. I now wonder if the stone is cheaper and they were just 'having us on'

Plus do you all think the Laminex Freestyle is the better option that the stone?
Scott_tanya. I honestly love the Freestyle range and have no doubts what you have chosen will look fabulous. When I saw some of their samples I actually wanted it for the house but the lady I was talking to had no idea what I was going on about. I thought they looked like stone. I don't know the difference in the prices. I love 'sea salt' and 'zucchero' and maybe I should have looked into costs as I would have been happy to get them for the ensuite and other wet areas if it wasn't pricey.
Isn't this the same as Corian?
I have been offered Laminex Freestyle 12mm solid surface. Any ideas on how it looks after normal use?
mrs_smith
and when I heard it was more durable than Ceasarstone

Who told you that, the salesman? Did you believe them?

Its not true. CaesarStone is very durable!
Related
27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum