Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Opinions on LG's 3 door fridge?

Page 2 of 2
Yes it is but there are some design differences. Also I am getting the Sharp one at least $600.00 off so they are both the same price. Admittedly I could haggle on the Electrolux one. Also the Sharp one I am looking at is a 653 litre whereas I believe the Electrolux one is only 600 litre.

One thing is I quite like the look of it in white with silver handles (there is also a silver option) which is cheaper again but those colours don't have a few features. Those features are express freezing, express ice making (though they have an extra ice cube maker), holiday mode and a wine holder (we don't drink). We are not big drinkers and I always use ice cube trays anyways so the only features that could be useful are express freezing and holiday mode though the price difference is $600.00 for those + stainless steel.

Does stainless usually look better in the kitchen. I'm going for a mostly brown and white kitchen (see laminex relaxed kitchen) which is what I'm almost copying so wondered if white would be better as the stainless one has black handles. My gas cooktop is stainless and black and the Neff oven is black and stainless too. White could look a bit stark. I also have since noticed they use black staggered stone in the laminex brochure.

Opinions anyone???
I personally prefer white fridges - mum has a s/steel one - it gets finger marks, is scratched a lot around the handles (just from normal use). I'm a lazy housekeeper at best

Plus - some stainless steel fridges don't hold magnets - we are magnet lovers!
Thanks for the reply. The fridge is in apparently finger-mark resistant stainless steel (not sure how good that is).

Also I was advised today by a reputable salesperson that putting magnets on fridges is a bad idea as the magnets are made of metal and are cooler than the surrounding air so attract condensation and the salt in the condensation gets trapped between the magnet and the fridge thus leading to corrosion. I might not have this completely correct but that's the gist of it. She said it wouldn't be as bad if you were using paper between the magnet and the fridge due to the barrier but it was a practice best not done.
Bought my Sharp 4-door in stainless today at significant discount of retail. Arrives in 11 days so will be able to report on it in the future.

Jola
Well done jola,

which model did you go for?

Sharp #######
SJF65PSSL

653L Refrigerator with French Door Styling - Stainless Steel

See their website, only I managed to get it for $2956.00

I saved $600.00 on my Highland gas cooktop the other day (floor stock) so I'm pretty happy at the moment. Now I just need to get the draftsman to come to tell us we can't build the extension for the new kitchen
Well done.....thats quite a saving!

Good lookin' fridge too
Related
23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

23/05/2023
Which entry door pull handle to go for?

Building A New House

Black on light wood does look good. Not sure if it will be as long lasting as a steel finish?

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum