Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Opinions on LG's 3 door fridge?

Page 1 of 2
Wondering if anyone has bought or has heard anything about the LG 3 door (french door) fridge. I'm specifically looking at the GR-B218NID.

I currently own a fridge with the freezer down the bottom but could use the extra width this one offers.

I haven't heard any glowing reviews of the Fisher Paykel pidgeon pairs which is another choice. I like the Liebherr ones too for quality but we cannot afford one and I find the side-by-sides to be quite narrow.

I have a chest freezer I can always use too for extra freezer capacity.

Space not really an issue as designing new kitchen.

Thanks.
Personally wasn't a big fan of the pull out drawer mechanism. It seemed to not be deep enough...

You might like to consider this one:

The bottom 2 sections can be whatever you like.....

If you need extra fridge space you make them both fridges (3 in total) or both freezers (3 in total) or one of each (2 fridges and 2 freezers)...
what brand is that matt? I'm looking for one with a drinks bar in SS
I've just bought a double door LG approx 615 lt. - I'm finding the motor to be a bit noisy.
What brand and model Matt?
Beaten by the pasey.

Come on Matt, I can hear steam shovel asking to expedite!!
Samsung

http://www.samsung.com/au/quatro/

Saw one at Harvey Norman a few weks ago....very nice..

Also try :

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au to see different models...
If you like the LG 3 door you will love the JENNAIR ones and in my opinion they are heaps better and a lot more solid. They are only sold at a lot of the "elite" appliance stores - in melb e+s trading etc
mudtrilogy
If you like the LG 3 door you will love the JENNAIR ones and in my opinion they are heaps better and a lot more solid. They are only sold at a lot of the "elite" appliance stores - in melb e+s trading etc

elite

Like Clive Peeters ..... lol
Last week I bought this one:

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/refrigerators/premiumsbs/srs622dss.asp

I bought it based on a couple of points...

- total cabinet depth
- easy to change water filter
Ohhh I so much want a fridge that can spit out ice every 10 minutes for my drinks!!!

But I don’t have that section plumbed up!!!!
mattwalker
Samsung

http://www.samsung.com/au/quatro/

Saw one at Harvey Norman a few weks ago....very nice..

Also try :

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au to see different models...

very cool.

$6k RRP though. Hmm - gonna take my best haggling skills.

free LCD TV if purchased prior to June 30 though.
Michelle
But I don’t have that section plumbed up!!!!

Thats the beauty of a bearers and joists house
Dukekamaya,

Hows your house going.....and where have you BEEN????
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great responses. Went and looked at a few today that are mentioned. I liked the Samsung one too but the fridge part is narrow and my budget can't quite stretch that far. I'm really looking at the wide fridges from the amount of times I've wanted to put in two trays of food when having a party or a large pav or something. Mine currently is 55cm wide internally which is annoying as you just can't fit anything else to the side with larger platters.

I'm not really worried about water and ice. I was going to have an underbench water filter on my sink anyway and quite happy using my funky shaped ice cube trays from IKEA.

I did take the advice about looking at the Jenn-Air ones. Very nice too and close to $4000.00 for basic models. I might even get away with one that looks like our Hoover one already the JCBJ-20 Upside-down. Have a nice warranty too which is enticing. Anyone had experience with Jenn-Air??? Will go and look at those even though they slightly push the budget.

The other option is mixing and matching with the new Electrolux E-line ones I saw today or they also have a french door one like Fisher and Paykel and Jenn-Air's. Anyone bought these and can recommend them????

Jola
One of my family members recently purchased one, at the time of purchasing no thoughts where given as to 'little kiddies' unfortunately due to the kids using the bottom doors as a step to get them into the top part of the fridge (when not looking) the door is slowly snapping...........
I personally don't have one but my sister has. She has one of the fully intergrated ones but she is incredibly happy with the Jenn-air. My parents have a GE one but thats probably out of price range.

By the way Matt - the elite appliance comment was referring to the ELITE APPLIANCE STORES in canterbury and some where else. - Sorry

When I workout how to go my money tree I will get either the one you were looking at but the really deep one (i think its approx 500 fridge) or the french door one. - Just need to get that tree growing
)
I was fairly sold on the Jenn Air and then I read some complaints about the brand by U.S. customers. It seems customer service is terrible for the brand including Maytag though they seem to get practically no warranty there whereas here it is 5/10 year warranty.

Which companies have fridges as their main appliance that they have built their reputation on?

Unfortunately Choice reviewed quite a few fridges recently but none of the more expensive brands other than Miele. Mind you we bought a Samsung TV based on a choice review and in warranty we needed the whole back of it replaced, something major went wrong with it. We have had many successes with their recommendations too mind.

Jola
Changed my mind again. Saw the Sharp 4 door one today which is very nice and only $3000 versus $4600 for the Jenn-Air french door. Anyone bought it at all as its been on the market a little while. Hadn't seen it before today.

Jola
I hear that Sharp and electrolux are the same fridge but the electrolux is cheaper...
Related
23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

23/05/2023
Which entry door pull handle to go for?

Building A New House

Black on light wood does look good. Not sure if it will be as long lasting as a steel finish?

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum