Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Freestanding 90cm stove?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are planning our kitchen rennovation and I could use some help in deciding on the stove that we will choose.

We have decided that we want a 90cm freestanding model - will fit neatly in the fireplace of our 1912 federation house - and have seen St George, ILVE and SMEG models that we like - can't remember model numbers but they were high end ones.

We were leaning towards the St George as it seemed very well put together and very sturdy, is Australian made and comes in a black finish that would fit well with the design of the kitchen that we have decided on.

However we have been told that recently the quality of St George has been variable and that there had been an incident of a stove "blowing up" and that there had been some uncertainty about the ongoing operation of the business. Now this information was all hearsay and very fluffy on the detail but it has been enough to put my wife off the idea of the St George.

Can anyone share their views / experience / knowledge of St George appliances or the company in general?
Not sure about the ones you mentioned but whatever you do, don't buy a Lofra. I've got one, and have had nothing but trouble. Added to that, their after sales service has been dismal, to say the very least.
Smeg is really good. I have bought Smeg a couple of times and never had any trouble. Their not cheap but they are good.

Cheers Mandy
www.bankonproperty.com.au
Related
25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

4/01/2024
Bubbling paint on freestanding wall, despite waterproofing

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Grind texture and paint off at blister up to top of fence Will see damp cement render

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum