Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

essa stone - max dimension of benchtop?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there
Our kitchen island benchtop is 2.4m long x 1.35 m wide - I've looked at the essastone website, and the max width is 1.4 m. Is there any reason why our builder's cabinetmaker is saying that we have to have a join (across the width?) This was thecase even when the benchtop was originally only 1.05m wide. We really want to avoid the join - i think it ruins th elook across the island. Any comments would be much appreciated.
Ok ....

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD U NEED A JOINT?

YOU DONT!!!!

AHHHHH

It makes me angry to know people out there still try cutting cost's right back using an offcut.

You have no need in the world to make a joint in your island bench because the piece fits the slab.

3 x 1.410 obviously fits the size of your island bench.. There just looking for an easy way out here..

Best option tell them you want no joint or your cancelling the works. Because that is down right dirty, you cant do that. Im sorry i just angry when things like this happen.

But back to it. Do not let them do it with the joint. If you have any more problems do not hesitate to get in contact with me, i can help you !

Jeremy@SSP.Stones
Yes, 2.4 x 1.35 m fits into a 3.0x1.4 m slab. Even I can see that
So no joints.

BTW, is jour bechtop a palin rectangle?
thanks so much for your replies. We suspected that they were trying to use offcuts too - but thanks to your replies (we told them about this website) they have 'kindly' agreed to use a single slab. Now we just have to stipulate that the waterfall edges are one piece too! - ah, the joys of building. Lucky we checked hey?
Whats essastone?
essastone is another one of the engineered stones - eg caesarstone, q stone, quantum quartz etc
Ahh ok, just I never heard of it thats all.
My builder will also supply the stone benchtop with joint , due to the size is 2800 x 1500mm. Is Ceasarstone slab(ofsprey white) avilable in this width?
Ceaserstone, form memory is 1440 mm wide. Do you really need a 1500 mm wide benchtop? A joint along the long length will look ugly. Loot at Silestone. Again from memory, it had the largest slab size and you might just get in with 1500 mm.
laksaginta...

ur only problem being the width, 1410mm is the width of the slab.. u have 1500
Thanks for the advice;
This morning ,I have compromised to have 2800 x 1400 in single slab instead of 1500; otherwise they will bring the benchtop with joint which I just realize yesterday that it will be really ugly and disappointing.
Eventually It's a relief.
hehehe

im glad to be of service.

Also what did u plan on doing with a 1500mm wide island bench

It will need its own post code and government
it really is an island !!

hehehe yes it was a very dull joke ...but hey !

its afternoon time and im tired so dont matta...

hope your bench looks awesome..!!!

jeremy@ssp.stones
Related
1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum