Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

cleaning gloss laminates.... what to use

Page 1 of 1
Hi homeoners, just wondering what i should use to clean our gloss laminate benches with. I currently use vinegar/watermix (in our rental)
but this leaves streaks. Maybe window cleaner or a microfibre cloth???
We just use a glass micro fibre cloth to sort of polish dry..

Hope this helps
what do you use to get the 'muck' off first?
Streaking that is left after cleaning usually means too much detergent etc. in the mix.
Try using a metho based glass cleaner
It must look like I have no0thing better to do but answer questions today
well I don't...still sick in bed....I look a lot sicker
than I type.

Anyway I clean everything with the Windex Surface and Glass cleaner, I do my basins, melamine units, glass tables, even some wooden stuff (but I don't tell my husband, he would have a fit) laminex, mirrors, my plantation shutters, everything. I even use it on nasty stains on the carpet, but you have to be careful not to use too much
Hey, didn't the old guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding use Windex for everything? He even used it on pimples.

Actually, we also use Windex on our Diamond Gloss Laminate. No idea if we should but it works.

I have the Windex wipes for emergencies when people come over at short notice and I am in the middle of cooking. They are quick and fix things up without a fuss.

Otherwise we just use water and elbow grease. I am not a fan of cleaners on any surface and only just started to use Windex. (My husband does clean the bathroom as nothing gets the build up off like a bathroom cleaner can.)
I got told by the Wilsonart rep windex only!
Paddy05
Hey, didn't the old guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding use Windex for everything? He even used it on pimples.

Yes!!!! He thought it was the cure for everything!!
Just like my DH reckons bonjella is the cure for everything !!!!!!!
Got a gaping wound? Smear some bonjella on...works every time!!!!!!!!!

............DON'T use it on your Laminex!!!!!!!!
Does the bonjella work?
Yep no-name glass cleaner here for us. We had Cosmos laminex in our rental property and it always came up a treat.
Paddy05
Does the bonjella work?

On mouth ulcers, and sore gums yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He thinks it fixes broken limbs!!!!
[/quote]

I might just have to give it a go sometime.
Michelle
I got told by the Wilsonart rep windex only!

YAY!!! I win

W

I

N

D

E

X

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY WINDEX
No, I haven't been drinking but I do have a temperature
I don't have glossy laminate.....yet! but l have always used a 50/50 mix of water and white vinegar for just about everything l clean....benches, stovetop, cupboards, furniture, bathroom sinks, vanities etc.....I also use vinegar as my fabric softener too...... extremely cheap, no harsh chemicals and very effective
i just use a cloth with hot water to clean it then, a chamoi (i have no idea how to spell it) to wipe down.
Related
3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

15/01/2024
Black gloss enamel

General Discussion

This link might answer your question. I had the same issue and it turned out to be the roller. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/painti ... %20coating.

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum