Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Show me your kitchen...

Page 129 of 158
Thanks for the detailed answer yellow paper, that makes the decision making a little easier!
Ive gone through about 100 pages and am that jealous. Has anyone goy any pictures of black cupboards with gloss white benches? I am choosing my colours this weekend and still not 100% sure. I have ice grey tiles which are just white with a tinge of grey. I was thinking standard laminex black cupboards (not crystal gloss) and polar white diamond gloss benches with a silver/charcoal starfire splashback. Thoughts?
Sounds great 7caz. Like the colour combo
7caz - I have seen a few photos of that cabinet/benchtop combination and it looks good!
I'm just worried the tiles might be a bit dull. I will be having white kickers too i forgot to mention. I'm leading more towards just having gloss white tiles instead of my current choice. Might price gloss ones tomorrow before work :p

Thoughts? Not very good lighting for the pic but im sure you's will get it

How about brush aluminium kickers to break up the tile and black cabinets? That's what I have in my kitchen (might kitchen is white though)
I was thinking the same as LeanneR. The kicker "feature" makes the cupboards seem to "float" as well. And I think ice grey would look great especially with that splashback. . .
Thats why i was going white kickers it will give the black floating cupboard look. I just think might be to dull! Feel like I need some shine near the floor so maybe the aluminium is a good idea
Okay colours all organised! Gloss superwhite tiles (Not as glossy as a porcelain gloss but more of a semi gloss), white kickers, standard black cupboards, polar white diamond gloss benchtops and a silver/grey starfire. Its darker then my wall colours which is haymes soothe (light silver). Im much happier now with the pure white and gloss on the floor rather then a flat white/grey tile. Just costing me more money! Thanks guys
Wow Yellowpaper! Gorgeous kitchen, you're very lucky!
7caz
Okay colours all organised! Gloss superwhite tiles (Not as glossy as a porcelain gloss but more of a semi gloss), white kickers, standard black cupboards, polar white diamond gloss benchtops and a silver/grey starfire. Its darker then my wall colours which is haymes soothe (light silver). Im much happier now with the pure white and gloss on the floor rather then a flat white/grey tile. Just costing me more money! Thanks guys

Sounds like it will be stunning
Can't wait to see pics!!
Hi All,

I have held off posting our kitchen too as the ones on here are so amazing but here it is. I love it and as it happened to be in a pre-Christmas cleaned photographable state I thought why not!!

We went all white too and kept all our appliances black including the fridge and our big splurge on the black glass FRANKE sink and tap to contrast the bench. It's actually made from the same material as the induction cooktop so actually very durable. Just waiting on the white bar stools so ignore the ones in the photos, they are from our previous place and will do for now.

Anyway, here's our little cooking station:

That looks amazing lilac.. looks great the white and black.
That looks really good!
Here is my teeny tiny kitchen (compared to all yours!).. and weird that you post the Franke tap.... we have exactly the same! Hot pink splash back. Butlers pantry. Stone 40mm tops. Ascot black oven. Black Electrolux fridge. Franke black glass top tap. Franke sink. Bosch dishwasher (under bench).

Your pink turned out great. Big pop of colour
Lilac, your kitchen is just beautiful! You must be so happy with it!
Nonna, I love the hot pink! It looks awesome! I am too boring and neutral to pull something like that off!
I can almost post my kitchen reno pics in this thread!! Cabinetry was ordered today, so should be all cut, put together and painted in the next week or so. Then benches will be measured and we will get them in 10 days after that. So in about 4 weeks I may have a kitchen again!!!

We still have so much to do though, as my "little" kitchen reno has turned into a huge half of the house reno. We are covering all the exposed rafters with gyprock, square setting all windows and doors, ripping out the old stairs and fabricating cantilevered floating stairs (lucky hubby is a welder/fabricator!!) putting in a framelss glass cavity slider to separate the two split levels, painting all existing green window frames black, tiling kitchen, dining, lounge and entry in 600x600 Everstone Durastone Steel grey tiles in the honed finish (so glad to get rid of my horrid unsealed slate!), replacing all our light switches/powerpoints with Clipsal Saturn range and the lights will be wirelessly controlled with iphones/ipads.

While in the kitchen we ripped out the old pokey timber kitchen and are putting in a larger L shaped kitchen with a 1.9m island. Cupboards are white 2 pac in satin finish – all handless tip on drawers and cupboards. Benches on the L shape are most likely going to be either 20mm Caeserstone "Snow" or Quantum Quartz "Alpine White" while the island is going to be 100mm Caeserstone "Raven" with waterfall ends. These are the appliances / fittings we have purchased for it. For now i am just keeping our old dishwasher and microwave due to limited funds but eventually i will put in a fully integrated dishwasher and also one of those fancy microwaves that looks like an oven job

My sink - Oliveri Commercial 1163U Undermount sink

My Tap - Franke Angolo with pull out spray

Our Bosch 900mm pull out Rangehood which will have an integrated panel on the front

My Smeg freestanding cooker with Induction cooktop

Our tiles

We havent decided on splashback colour yet, we are probably going to wait and see once everything else is in. We are ripping out the old kitchen window to make way for a new 2.0m x 600mm high slimline fixed window to go in behind the cooker....so this is essientially the splashback for half of the kitchen.

This is our kitchen floorplan

[quote="Lilac"]Hi All,

Anyway, here's our little cooking station:

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r590/Lilac500/kitchen%20complete/lighton_zps8b40d782.jpg

/quote]
Oh wow ur kitchen is amazing. Love it.
Lilac how long is your island bench?! It looks humongous!!
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum