Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Show me your kitchen...

Page 103 of 158
Marcoola32
One of the most amazing kitchens I have ever seen Gogo - absolutely love it!
Em

Ditto
Emmsiek
Love your kitchen Gogo!!!!!!

Thanks Emmsiek

thegilbeys
So in love with your kitchen gogo!!

Oh thanks thegilbeys

jodge
Gog. . . it's official, your kitchen is outstanding. . . I'd like to see it with its finishing touch though. .. the moving-in pressie I bought for you.

can't wait to visit!
wow how special Jodge, a cat and all, just perfect colours too, you gotta come for a visit and help me install that beautiful pressie

chuffy
Marcoola32
One of the most amazing kitchens I have ever seen Gogo - absolutely love it!
Em

Ditto

Geez thanks Chuffy
Thought you'd like it! Sorry, sloppy typing before, will overcompensate now Gogooooooooo.
TamK
Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments, your very polite!

dot77 The benchtops are great. It was my DH's choice and wouldn't have been my first choice but I really like them now I'm living with them. They've got a lot of speckle in them, along with a lot of sparkle, so they hide a lot of dirt. They're super easy to keep clean too. They do show water rings from drinking glasses though.

Kiwi, yep, it sure is a dream to work in. Everything is so accessible and I particularly love the double pull out bin. It's one of my fav things in the kitchen. We've also got a sensor light in the pantry so it turns on when you walk in and turns off when you walk out. You never have to touch the switch. The island bench is great for the kids. They sat up there painting pictures all morning yesterday and it was easy to clean.

Cass, I love the look of your kitchen, particularly how the overhang of your bench continues around the corner. We've got the same sink as you, the Afa, and it's great. They are so deep you can fit really big things in them.

I took a day time photo today, though the walls look fluoro green in the photo. They aren't in real life, just a pale grey/green.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w362/TamK116/Kitchen/DSCN0671.jpg

We are planning a black and white kitchen as well. Yours looks great. How thick is the stone on the island bench and how do they achive the thickness?

I know this is the kitchen thread but i'm seriously in love with your floors and while your kitchen is awesome my eyes keep going back towards those beautiful floors!!!! <3 <3
It's a work in progress, but the countertops were installed today and my wife and I were quite excited.

just a few more finishing touches to get it done, and then I'll take a good photo - excuse the poor iphone image.

I designed this one mostly myself and project managed it all without my builders involvement.

My personal contribution was installing the Qasair range hoods last weekend - they certainly don't make them easy to install - they weigh a ton and are each 400m by 1.3 high

The first time around, one of the units was damaged in transit and Qasair had to remake it.
Looks amazing!! I hope you have a good sealer on that marble!!
That is an amazing kitchen,well done

The flow of the grey through the granite was a fab slab choice,now i'm questioning my pick.
Had looked at this colour but the grey through it was introducing another colour to the house as i'm having the same all the way through, am doing browns.

Hope my turns even out half as good,i'd be happy.

Your's is just Beautiful
Oh BUGGER its really got me 10th time guessing
kerry-ann
Oh BUGGER its really got me 10th time guessing

don't you hate this forum sometimes

Ktichen looks fantastic dsiroky
Yes

I have sent myself in a spin at times on here......... and others over choices
woodyren
We are planning a black and white kitchen as well. Yours looks great. How thick is the stone on the island bench and how do they achive the thickness?

Sorry Woodyren, I haven't looked on here for a while and missed your question. The main bench and kitchen side of the island is 40mm thick but we wanted the other side of the island (breakfast bar overhang side) to be a bit thicker and make a bit of a statement. That side of the island (overhang side) is 60mm thick both on the top and on the waterfall sides. He gave us 2 options of how we could get it done and we opted for them to mitre a 60mm piece along the edge (rather than laminating three 20mm pieces together). Not sure if that makes sense, but we're really pleased with the edges and how it turned out.

Ricaaaa
I know this is the kitchen thread but i'm seriously in love with your floors and while your kitchen is awesome my eyes keep going back towards those beautiful floors!!!! <3 <3

Thanks also Ricaaaa, they're jarrah, 130mm wide boards.
I love this thread and our kitchen is getting closer and closer. Here is what we have so far (although photos were taken through a window).

These are the cabinets (sans bench) that forms the curled part of the U shaped kitchen. The cabinet that seems to be sticking out has a problem with it (my keen sense of observation saw that it said 'Take Back' on it)

Here you can see the pantry cupboard, overhead cupboards to cooktop and fridge. The door opening in the background is to the walk in pantry, and those are the benchtops leant against the cabinetry.

This is an offcut of the benchtop I found in the rubbish. It is a laminated benchtop but I have forgotten the name of the laminate but is meant to look like a type of granite. I think it will look very nice against the slightly cream cupboards.
I can honestly say I don't think I have seen a kitchen through windows with up right benches on this thread before!
Thats gonna look very nice barker

Yay for being able to show something on this thread.
Here's ours,a before the tops go on,bench-tops start going on on saturday

I was worried that there would not be enough room to move around the island bench,which it looks like in the photo's,but IRL there's heaps

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu120/kerry-ann_03/P1090084.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu120/kerry-ann_03/P1090086.jpg

Bigger view

Same bench-tops through-out house,ensuite,bthrm,laundry,powder,this is the slab

Pantry,its huge,i only have a 1 door one atm
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu120/kerry-ann_03/P1090062.jpg
To the left of the pantry is a space,going there is 3 lots of pot drawers,a shelf for recipe books or coffee maching & then the microwave on top.
I have a thing about low microwaves n kiddies.
And i am beating her to it

I know this pantry also has 1 door,now one has 1 door & shelves door width only.

You see her here,you see her there,you see her everywhere,morning kiwi
kiwi
I can honestly say I don't think I have seen a kitchen through windows with up right benches on this thread before!

Kiwi, haven't you heard of the latest craze? Vertical cooking! Although I have not gotten the knack of not letting the carrots roll off yet
GOGO - OMG OMG BEST KITCHEN EVER! HHHMMMM I wonder what my hubby will think when I tell him that I wish to pull out our 1 yr old kitchen for something like yours!!!!

Anyone got pics of their OUTDOOR kitchens?????? Share Share.
barker
kiwi

Kiwi, haven't you heard of the latest craze? Vertical cooking! Although I have not gotten the knack of not letting the carrots roll off yet

That's funny!

Watch the tofu, it sticks.....which on your bench, is a good thing
So KA you are going from a one door to a one door...cool.
I am so pleased.
I have no door on my pantry!!!
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum