Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Show me your kitchen...

Page 89 of 158

Love that floating bench and where did you get those retro bulbs,,, I want one for our trubridge light!!!!
MrZebra

That looks fantastic! I love the colour of your benchtops, what are they??

It is a little hard to see but they are stainless steel.
Expat
https://picasaweb.google.com/106108635146684610691/IluminacaoTecnicaDeMoradiaNaZonaDeAzeitaoSesimbraPortugal?authkey=Gv1sRgCIHT-J-o7bOYKQ&feat=email#

Some new pictures of the house and kitchen. We are 99,99 ready %

Wow, this is gorgeous. Houses have come a long way in Portugal. I used to live there 17 years ago and nothing like this!!!
sceen7

Love that floating bench and where did you get those retro bulbs,,, I want one for our trubridge light!!!!

Hi screen7, it is not recommended to use these bulbs in david trubridge products. It can generate too much heat and damage the plywood.
Does anyone has Polytec's Ultra White Gloss Kitchen (Thermo) or Laminex Diamond Gloss Polar White?

Polytec seems to be more white (according to sample). I personally prefer Polytec but is there a big difference in price/quality between the two?

Can anyone share the experience/photos of the kitchen with above cupboards.

Thanks
AubinGroveFan
Does anyone has Polytec's Ultra White Gloss Kitchen (Thermo) or Laminex Diamond Gloss Polar White?

Polytec seems to be more white (according to sample). I personally prefer Polytec but is there a big difference in price/quality between the two?

Can anyone share the experience/photos of the kitchen with above cupboards.

Thanks

My kitchen posted on the previous page has Laminex Polar White cupboards in both the kitchen and the bathrooms. I've only just moved in so don't know of any (hopefully none!) problems yet. I haven't seen the polytec stuff, but I can't flaw what I have. Love the look and quality of it
bobi3us
sceen7

Hi screen7, it is not recommended to use these bulbs in david trubridge products. It can generate too much heat and damage the plywood.

bummer... we are getting the 1m coral light.... was hopeing to put something less than standard in it .

ANYWAY

here is our kitchen at last!

bet you cant wait to use that one! beautiful.
sceen7 - Gorgeous kitchen and love the floor
I'm SO excited to be able to finally post in here. I couldn't wait for appliances, so here goes!

Our last kitchen was a nightmare- tiny, G shaped, and was so frustrating as if there were more than one person in there, you couldnt get out again, so this time we made it the feature of the house! we wanted S P A C E and we got it.

..well... space AND drawers.

Cupboards- Laminex Alabaster, Benchtops- Polytec Bundeena Sands

Really happy with it, and can't wait for appliances to be installed tomorrow!
Well time for me to show you my new kitchen too!

Feels like its taken forever but here it is!

The photos are taken with my iPhone so sorry if they are not too clear

Have posted this in my own thread but thought here would also be quite appropriate. (spelling mistakes now fixed!)

This is a reno of my old kitchen, house built back in 2000 but kitchen was too small. Some parts in the old kitchen were re-used, namly the cupboard above the fridge, under the sink and to the left of the skink, but everything else was new using custom flat packs, with most of the working being done myself.

All that is left is some painting, touch-up, fitting some downlights over the new bench and securing the blades wine rack properly.

Colour wise we have:

Lower cabinets: Polytech Createc Ultra Gloss White
Upper cabinets: Polytech Hazel Strata Matt.
Caesarstone: Ice Snow
Power points: Clipsal Saturn Ocean Mist
Floor and Wall tiles are porcelin, the wall is a 300x300mm tile called Vanilla Rainbow, floor tile is 300x600 called Lumina Ash, both were from Rivoland tiles in Queanbeyan, near Canberra and cost about $35m2
Mosaic tiles are called copper and came from MMM Interiors Fyshwick ACT, cost was $190/m2
Dishwasher: Bosch SMU68M05AUSS, semi integrated
Cooktop: Bosch PPH626B90A
Oven: Bosch HBA63B450A
Cupboards, flat pack from cabinetsondemand.com.au (local Canberra cabinet maker).

Overall I am happy with the finished product. I did most of the work myself, including design (with some advice from here), all that was left to the pros was the fitting of the stone and gas cooktop. Electrical was done by myself and a friend of mine who is a licenced sparky. The only thing I regret doing myself is the tiling. I should have listened to the teacher on the tiling class I did a few years back who said amateurs shouldn't touch anything greater than 200x200, anything that isn't press molded and shouldn't touch mosaics and porcelain. All our tiles match the don't touch list. Having said that I don't think I did too bas a job all things considered, especially with the floor and my mistakes on the wall I can live with.

I made a few design mistakes with cabinet sizing, a couple are a little too shallow, especially the ones under the breakfast bar where I tried to keep the bar width to 800mm so as to not eat space in the dining room. In hindsight I could have gone another 50mm and also cut 50-100mm of overhang on the seat side to give another 50-100mm inside. I also made the return where the drawers are located 550mm deep, could have gone to 600mm here too.

Most important thing is the wife is happy and must admit I am happy too. Total cost has come in at about $19000, being $7000 for the cabinets, $5500 for the stone, $4500 for appliances, plus about $2000 for tiles and bits and pieces.

Sorry if the pics are too small, for some reason the camera has small like this and next size 'up' the file is about 3meg.

Review of the old kitchen: You get an idea of how big the new kitchen is by noting where the window is in relation to old and new.

Now for the new, from dining room

Close up of hall side bench

Close up of the mosaic tiles

Cooktop and wall cabinets

Cooktop

Sink, dishwasher. This corner is more or less all that is left of the original kitchen.

Floor

Lower cupboards from inside.

Looking back towards the dining room.

Now for Caesarstone aficionados here is a look at our two joins. The joins as you can see are on the RHS of the cooktop and opposite in the corner near the half height wall. I reckon they did a good job, the join is an even all the way along, no bumps and put in a place where it is no obvious. Must admit overall pretty happy with the job the stonemasons did.

com
wildorchid
We have recently moved into our new house, so thought Id share here too

and this is ours
(electrican still has to put in LED lights, then we are changing to saturn switch)
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww240/VLH19/house/DSCN0427.jpg

I really like the way the ceiling drops down and forms a frame with the side walls. Looks great.

Great choice in power points too. Only thing though with the white one is that the cooker isolation switch in the middle or something else? From the pic it looks like a 32amps switch which is normally used on an oven, however I know that the extra switch on the Saturn 4025X is only rated to 10amps. In my place I had to use an separate 32amp switch plate for the oven. My eyes could be wrong though and it could be something else altogether.
AJW- gorgeous kitchen, would love to know where you found those stools!
tinkster
AJW- gorgeous kitchen, would love to know where you found those stools!

Thanks. As for the stools, they came from Harvey Norman and are called Saturn. List price was $250, but got em for around $210.

Domayne (and yes know they are owned by Harvey) had a similar stool for about $300. Cannot recall the exact difference now, but think the back was fully enclosed.
Hi there, I'm a long time reader who has had so much inspiration from this thread as we planned the open kitchen/dining/lounge room in our new extension.

A big thank you to everyone who shared their kitchens and gave me ideas along the way.

Here's our (nearly) finished end result. The door to the left of the oven hides the laundry and the door to the right of the fridge hides a walk-in pantry. Excuse their green tinge, but they both need to have a few more coats of paint.

mrswudge...yum! do you love it? it is so clean and fresh and a lovely relaxing space it looks, well done

people, dont click smears link above ..it is SPAM
Smear has been smeared!
Mrswudge, that kitchen makes me want to sit on a bar stool and have a coffee from that awesome looking coffee machine! Such an inviting space.... well done!
mrswudge - lovely kitchen. The colours all work well together (I do have a soft spot for all white)
Really like how your splashback colour ties in the stainless fridge & oven
What colour is it?
Also like your floor - is is bamboo or wood?
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum