Show me your kitchen...

Page 1 of 158
Hi all,

Why not show off your kitchen and possibly
give us newbies some ideas.

Pictures, pictures, pictures a MUST!

Thanks.
Hi
This is my new kitchen. There is breakfast bar to the right and a couple of bar stools which I haven't photographed yet.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there are 9 drawers along the side you can't see. They are fabulous. Much better than cupboards.
Paddy05
Oh, I forgot to mention that there are 9 drawers along the side you can't see. They are fabulous. Much better than cupboards.

are these standard drawers or pot drawers?

at the moment were having 1 bank of standard and 1 bank of pot drawers plus an extra pot drawer under the under bench microwave, wish I was having more drawers but they are expensive.
here is ours. the pot drawers are definitely worth any extra $ IMO (although funnily enough I wasn't charged extra for mine?) Our island bench is mostly pot drawers.

Nice kitchen donuts. I had something in my head similar to that for my kitchen. (different layout but same colours)

What are your bench tops?
Donuts, do you have a pic of your pot drawers?? would like to see how they are set out.

And what cs bench colour is that? I really like it.
thank you bev & Loulabelle. The benchtops are C/S Nova Aurora. (the sparkly ones)

Here is a pic of the other side of the bench. we still wanted some 'normal' drawers so kept them in the middle and pot drawers on either side. The top two pot drawers are slightly smaller than the others, for keeping coffee/tea making stuff, mugs and other smaller things in.
Thanks, I really like that set up. Will chat to my cabinet maker tom and get costings

I totally agree that it's easier to get glasses/mugs out of drawers than cupboards, my parents have a similar set up and it works great. Actually most of their kitchen is made up of drawers.

And does Nova Aurora come in sparkly and non sparkly?? I like that it a light tan colour, does it change going from day to night?
Loulabelle
And does Nova Aurora come in sparkly and non sparkly?? I like that it a light tan colour, does it change going from day to night?

Nova Aurora is the sparkly one; I think there is one similar without the sparkles, but it would be called something else. (Maybe Ice Snow??)

I don't think it changes all that much; you can see from the photos the first ones were taken at night but with lots of artificial light and the last one was taken in daylight. In either sunlight or artificial light the sparkles show up nicely!
Paddy and Donuts I love your kitchens, very jealous, I wish I could make my colour selections all over again
thanks Sharee, I think yours is beautiful too though. I am jealous of your glass splashback!
Paddy05
This is my new kitchen. There is breakfast bar to the right and a couple of bar stools which I haven't photographed yet.

That looks great, all very close to what I had planned doing myself! My floor tiles will be a bit more grey and then either snow or haze ceasarstone benches with some sort of metallic silver glass splashback.

The chunky handles are great too
They are lovely kitchens, simple and classy. Would you believe they are putting mine in next week
apparently so. I think I feel sick, did anyone feel sick about their kitchen being installed
I think it's a bit of excitement mixed in...lol
Please keep the kitchen photo's coming!! I'm loving seeing the different colours that people are using.

I am going to look at colours this weekend - it's so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, I'm not that great with colour selections and I am terrified I will stuff it up - I want to get light but earthy tones

I also agree on the pot drawers being a must. I have some where I am renting and they are great for cups and mugs
SuH
They are lovely kitchens, simple and classy. Would you believe they are putting mine in next week
apparently so. I think I feel sick, did anyone feel sick about their kitchen being installed
I think it's a bit of excitement mixed in...lol

SuH - you will be fine. How exciting that in the middle of all your turmoil something substantial is happening in your new home. Can't wait for photos!!
Thank you all for posting pics, they are lovely.

Donuts I love the color of your timber flooring,
what's it called? Your kitchen is clean and crisp
isn't it? Very noice.

Keep them coming girls.
OK guys and girls dont be jealous but this kitchen here is the epitome of style and class and frankly is the easily best in this thread thus far..

renos are currently under way with a few walls knocked out etc and it now looks a little better but a whole lot more still to go !!

How do you post photo's?
I have just worked out a way but I am no expert....
I upload photographs onto photobucket.com (it is easy to follow their steps)
Then under the first photo you upload it says 'link options' in blue writing. I select this and click on IMG for bulletin boards and forums. I then save that setting.

Next I open up the forum and start the post. I then copy the IMG code under the picture in photobucket and paste it in the post. When you submit it, it brings the picture up.

Hope that makes sense.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum