Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Join in Caesarstone

Page 2 of 2
I was speaking to my fiancee about this last week after a member PMed me some questions.

He said that slabs all cost the same, varying prices is because your paying for the quality of the stonemason, and unfortunately many volumne builders are focused on the money aspect.

Joins should NOT be extremely visible. If I saw a join such as VJ's I would be extremely disappointed. Talk with your stonemason before your kitchen is ready and be adamant with what you expect. It can be done to a better standard.
I've discussed my join in my house thread, but I'll put it here too. Thanks to Bam's advice
I have rung the mason who is going to come over closer to my move in date to 'have a look'
and hopefully be able to make it smoother. I am lucky that mine is mainly underneath the sink edge though.

Mrs B that join is hardly visible at all, hope they can do yours like that!
When we had our benchtop measured up they asked us where we would like the joins, as we had to have a couple as its U shape. Its was nice to have the option and a say in where they go, as I didnt want it too close to the sink..

Our join isnt noticable from a distance, but close up you can see it. (Our benchtop is called biscuit a blonde/cream colour)
Maisie
Yea - it's common sense, but that doesn't necessarily apply with some of these trades.

For trying to pass off a cheap job, they're out their time of making and installing the benchtop, plus the materials they can't salvage. In addition, they have managed to lose reputation/credibility.

These guys have been in business for quite a while, and have a flash showroom. Given the dollars we're talking, their work should be perfect.

if you're in perth can you name and shame because this is just ******* business ethics !!
fair enough if they specifically said "you can save $X,000 if we use some offcuts but you'll have an extra join" etc.. but from your post i assume you did not say or agree to this.
cheers
Where are the best locations to join two pieces of stone bench?
I’ve seen small joins used either side of a gas cooktop cutout which is virtually and visually seamless.
Our stone bench is 3.2m long and has been installed in 2 pieces and there is an obvious seam a few inches to the left of the cooktop cutout, which has now shifted with the cooker installation and cracked the adhesive in between the seam (?)
Is this standard ? Any advice?

Our kitchen is Galley style 3.2 m in length with sink on left side and cooktop on the right with 3m island bench opposite (solid and no seams /sinks etc)
BronR
Where are the best locations to join two pieces of stone bench?
I’ve seen small joins used either side of a gas cooktop cutout which is virtually and visually seamless.
Our stone bench is 3.2m long and has been installed in 2 pieces and there is an obvious seam a few inches to the left of the cooktop cutout, which has now shifted with the cooker installation and cracked the adhesive in between the seam (?)
Is this standard ? Any advice?

Our kitchen is Galley style 3.2 m in length with sink on left side and cooktop on the right with 3m island bench opposite (solid and no seams /sinks etc)

The majority of slabs are 3000mm long so having a join is normal but it shouldn't have cracked.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum