Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Advice on kitchen floorplan

Page 1 of 1
We are building a small 2 bedroom house and would really appreciate some advice regarding the kitchen layout.

It is a small kitchen 3.8m x 2.5 m with only a 1.2m walkway and a 2.2 meter return.

Though about moving the sink where the stove currently is or on the return.

Any clever advice please

I would move the sink to the window and the cooktop to where the sink is but slightly to the right.
It's a small kitchen so you need to maximize your space. I'd put a fridge panel on the very end then you can put an overhead above the fridge. I'd then put a tall pantry unit next to the fridge. Then run the benchtops as shown. I'd run overheads from the pantry right through to the window wall ,you would need to make the window a bit shorter or move to the right, you can also put your rangehood in the overheads.

I'd opt for a 600 induction cooktop so you can still use the flat surface if you aren't cooking and it's not going to take up souch space like a 900 cooktop.

You could stretch the return benchtop just a little more, even 100-200mm would help and wouldn't block up the walk through as much.

Put in as many drawers as possible to make the most of your storage capacity.
Related
16/08/2023
Floorplan

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thanks for your feedback.

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

7/08/2023
Kitchen Quote advice please!

General Discussion

I was being kind to the builder. With the amount charged for the upgrade the builder is probably charging closer to 100% margin. There are a few variables as I…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum