Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

New kitchen design help needed

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I'm torn between two kitchen designs. Which one do you think is better? Any feedback and suggested changes/improvements welcome! 🤗🤗

1st one.
Berek
1st one.

Could I ask why you chose design 1?
1st is definitely better IMO due to having the island with nothing on it
alymei
1st is definitely better IMO due to having the island with nothing on it

Thank you for your feedback. I like the idea of having no sink on island but it may compromise the functionality? It feels like there is some distance to walk between stove, sink and fridge?

So I found that the Island acts as the key area. So generally you would go from frudge to island. Island to sink. Island to cooktop.
alymei
So I found that the Island acts as the key area. So generally you would go from frudge to island. Island to sink. Island to cooktop.

I have never had a kitchen island. Do you think its ok then to put the sink at the servery window? Is there any other advice you could give in terms of placement of any of the other items such as bins, pantry, tall cupboards, overheads, open shelves. Etc. I am clueless 🙃🙃
I recommend including a bin drawer, I would put that in the island.

The dishwasher and sink go at the window. We prefer drawers im our island. And vent the rangehood to outside
From right we had WIP, Fridge, Oven tower, bin drawer, dish washer, sink, cooktop at the other end. Being rught handed it made sense to us to hage DW to right hand side of sink.

alymei
From right we had WIP, Fridge, Oven tower, bin drawer, dish washer, sink, cooktop at the other end. Being rught handed it made sense to us to hage DW to right hand side of sink.

Thank you. Your kitchen is amazing. Is it ok that we place our DW in the scullery?
I guess so
I agree with not putting the sink on the island.
I think between the two some of it comes down to what's important to you.
Number 1 has a bigger scullery, number 2 has a bigger laundry.
Personally I think number 2 with the sink at the window is best. The scullery is plenty big enough and you have more space in the laundry.
With number 2 is the fridge in the scullery? Looks like you have two of them.
You need a bin in the main kitchen and you will also need one close to the DW so you can clean scraps.
If you put the DW in the scullery you will have lots of walking to put away dishes but it will help keep the kitchen looking neater.
Thank you so much for your input. Do you think it excessive to install two DW? One of the main reason for me to place DW in scullery is because I'm messy. Also do you think our overall house plan is ok?
Thank you 🤗
Installing 2 DW is a bit of a trend at the moment
Personally I think it might be overkill unless you are a big family and do lots of cooking and entertaining.
We are a family of 5 and get by with one.
The DW ideally would be in the main kitchen so it's easy to put dishes away but the whole idea of a scullery is to have somewhere to put the dirty dishes and mess so it makes sense to put the DW in the scullery but try and get it as close as possible to the entry so you don't have to walk right into the scullery.
Definitely have two bins. Install double bins one behind the other so you maximise your cabinetry for storage.
chippy
Installing 2 DW is a bit of a trend at the moment
Personally I think it might be overkill unless you are a big family and do lots of cooking and entertaining.
We are a family of 5 and get by with one.
The DW ideally would be in the main kitchen so it's easy to put dishes away but the whole idea of a scullery is to have somewhere to put the dirty dishes and mess so it makes sense to put the DW in the scullery but try and get it as close as possible to the entry so you don't have to walk right into the scullery.
Definitely have two bins. Install double bins one behind the other so you maximise your cabinetry for storage.

Thank you so much chippy I appreciate your advice.
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

27/09/2023
Design Puzzle Help

Outdoor Living

G'day I'm trying to put in some privacy screening on my rental rooftop on a tight budget. I've already invested about $500 in the supplies for this. The issue is…

9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum