Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Painting Ourselves - New Home

Page 1 of 1
Hi Folks,

We are building a new house with a builder. It is going really well. To save a bit of cash we have taken on the job of painting it.
There a quite a few additional prep jobs that I wasn't expecting to do, so i just wanted to check if it was normal for the builder to push it onto us.

1 - We have timber windows. There is mortar outside and plaster inside all over them (The bricks were put in after the window frames). Does the painter normally clean this off?

2 - Our builder is going to put in the skirtings and architraves before we paint. He mentioned that the painter would normally caulk the joint to the plasterboard before hand. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
Melly K
Mellyk
Hi Folks,

We are building a new house with a builder. It is going really well. To save a bit of cash we have taken on the job of painting it.
There a quite a few additional prep jobs that I wasn't expecting to do, so i just wanted to check if it was normal for the builder to push it onto us.

1 - We have timber windows. There is mortar outside and plaster inside all over them (The bricks were put in after the window frames). Does the painter normally clean this off?

2 - Our builder is going to put in the skirtings and architraves before we paint. He mentioned that the painter would normally caulk the joint to the plasterboard before hand. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
Melly K

1. No it's the builders responsibilty.
2. Yes painters job.

Kind Regards

James Mason

www.renovationjunkies.com.au
Related
14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

6/04/2024
Painting help please

General Discussion

Thanks will do.

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum