Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Is Hog Bristle a modern or contemporary colour?

Page 1 of 1
I'm having a hard time choosing colours, and wanted to ask whether Hog Bristle would suit a modern house, or is it more for contemporary houses?

I like the colour but don't want the house to look modern on the outside, and dated on the inside.

It seems to be the best colour suited to my lovely (grr) classic cream Aluminium windows and doors!

Please Help!!

Homesaw
We painted all our interiors in our Federation semi in hog bristle when we bought our first place 14 years ago, then used it again in our current house (1960s bungalow) when we bought it 10 years ago. I think it works well as a 'modern classic' shade that looks clean and fresh and not old fashioned but not super modern, either.

New builds are tending towards cooler palettes - we're doing pale grey walls this time.
Hi homesaw, as red15 said, Hog Bristle was a very popular choice years ago. It is a beautiful choice for a traditional decor but if you are wanting a more modern style I would personally suggest you look at a different colour. Soft greys and cooler tones work best for modern rooms

Stilettos & Bricks, our Building Journey blog - http://stilettosbricks.com
Our Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85183
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stilettos_and_bricks/
Is there a colour you think would work well with Classic Cream windows?

I think the house is painted in some Hog Bristle full variation but I can't tell for sure.
Is there a colour you think would work well with Classic Cream windows?

I think the house is painted in some Hog Bristle full variation but I can't tell for sure.
Do you have pics?

Such an awful name 'hog bristle' but it's such a versatile colour. I also have those cream colored windows in my current place and you are right, they are damn near impossible to match.
Maybe have a look at grand piano or buff it. Maybe in 1/4 strength. We have hogs bristle quarter in the rental we are in now. I'm not really a fan. It tends to look a bit "dirty". I think that's prob because everything else is modern. Whites and greys. In a more traditional house it would look alright

Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

8/07/2023
Variation in white tile colour

Renovation + Home Improvement

Looking for advice on whether this variation in tile colour is acceptable. The large tile on the left was used in my main bathroom renovation 1 year ago. My ensuite…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum