Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Theatre Room COLOURS Help!

Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

In the process of building still but like to be organised was wondering what colour themes people went with any pics will be helpful.

Doing carpet for theatre room
150mm step for 2nd row
What colour walls ceiling
What colour feature wall in the tv alcove
Any ideas for wall murals etc
Any ideas and all will be very helpful.
Thankyou.

I feel theatre room should be very dark and soundproof as well. Because when you watch a movie there has to be dark in your surrounding area then only you will able to watch movie happily.
We went charcoal on the walls, and castle grey on the ceiling in ours.

Soundproofing plaster (13mm) and insulation in the walls

Hello,

Did you get the bulkheads and other soundproofing and insulation from the builder or did you get this done yourself later on.
Personally, I think a neutral color, in dark tones, is ideal for a theater room. And it's nice to spend the night and comfortable to watch TV during the day. Also, dark colors are perfect for pictures. As for me it is the best decoration for any room. myself recently ordered a very beautiful painting here: https://www.popartyou.com/
The real theatre room nerds go for a flat Munsell Neutral Grey.

You'd have to do some googling to work out exactly which one.

Something about it having really low amounts of light reflection/bounce.
Related
22/02/2024
Living room help

Interior Decorating Lounge

Can anyone help with the layout of my living room, it seems that no matter what I do it never looks right. I have an awquard kind of l shape with 2 doors, bay window and…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum