Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Anyone with brick and weatherboard facade?

Page 1 of 1
My wife and I are building a house with the facade to be brick and weatherboard. We had our minds set on Boral Elan Rouge but had forgot about the weatherboard and can't decide on a color for it that would look good with a red brick. We're sure we will go with white mortar also.
Just wanted to know if other people have a brick/weatherboard combo and what their colour schemes are. We're starting rethink the brick choice to be a shade of brown that would compliment the weather board colour better but are still a bit unsure of which way to go.
We're building a custom design home and have weather board and brick facade too. We are going for a hamptons style./look. We've chosen austral harvest cotton for bricks and will be painting the weather board features and gables in off white. Something like Astor white by wattyl. Our garage door, windows, fascia and down pipes are surfmist. Roof and guttering will be windspray
hope this helps

My build uses red bricks and weatherboard.
The bricks are Austral Colonial Red and the weather boards are painted Dulux Pensive (this is equivalent to a light mauve). The roof is surfmist and the gutters Ironstone.
I painted the house twice as the first colour that I chose (mauve) was too strong and made the house look like a lolly pop.
Beetaloo's house looks lovely and jenabismum's sounds great. We did all light (brick, mortar, roof and weatherboards) with contrasting black window frames and doors, darker gutters, dark bricks on porch/balcony and dark timber roller door. Love it!
TomCat
Beetaloo's house looks lovely and jenabismum's sounds great. We did all light (brick, mortar, roof and weatherboards) with contrasting black window frames and doors, darker gutters, dark bricks on porch/balcony and dark timber roller door. Love it!

This sounds so lovely! We are still in the selection stage and are struggling with bricks. Do you have a picture for inspo?

This is my brick, it's Boral Tanami, looks more orange when sun shining on it but we have selected cream for our weatherboard and cream also for the garage door. Windows are dune and will have a timber front door

My 2016 build viewtopic.php?t=81011
Hi Zowie! Here's my house. I like how it turned out. We still have the landscaping to do.

jenabismum
We're building a custom design home and have weather board and brick facade too. We are going for a hamptons style./look. We've chosen austral harvest cotton for bricks and will be painting the weather board features and gables in off white. Something like Astor white by wattyl. Our garage door, windows, fascia and down pipes are surfmist. Roof and guttering will be windspray
hope this helps

Have you got any pics? We are in the process of designing a hamptons style custom build, and are struggling a little on the facade, particularly with some pillars /columns.
Samboss260
jenabismum
hope this helps

Have you got any pics? We are in the process of designing a hamptons style custom build, and are struggling a little on the facade, particularly with some pillars /columns.

Hi Samboss,

I've just seen your question. Here are some pics of our current build. Our house is currently being painted we've gone with surfmist for the weatherboards. The pillars will be rendered in the next few weeks and I can up date you with some more pictures. Hope these help
jenabismum
Samboss260
jenabismum
hope this helps

Hi Samboss,

I've just seen your question. Here are some pics of our current build. Our house is currently being painted we've gone with surfmist for the weatherboards. The pillars will be rendered in the next few weeks and I can up date you with some more pictures. Hope these help

Hi jenabismum,
Love the facade you have designed!! Did you use off-white mortar with the cotton bricks?
Related
27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum