Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

choosing the right colour to paint the Matrix

Page 1 of 1
[img][/img]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pk7nte4b92lqk7q/AAA6XKSVlTicK4S0Kj-d8tCka
Well I guess it depends on whether you take the blue pill or the red pill?
Pepperfield
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pk7nte4b92lqk7q/AAA6XKSVlTicK4S0Kj-d8tCka
Pepperfield
Pepperfield
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pk7nte4b92lqk7q/AAA6XKSVlTicK4S0Kj-d8tCka

Hi Michelle
l am currently building my own home, l have read your forums and l am hoping you can help me please?

My Roof in woodland grey.
l have black diamond metallic bricks downstairs windows on the black brick are A&L anodic grey, upstairs on the left and right sides front feature walls l have used the Csr designer series cream(which looks off white) the windows on the Csr walls are black.
l have used scyon matrix cladding on the front mid section and right around the rest of upstairs, the windows here are A&L anodic grey.
The front door, front entrance and 2 posts on balcony upstairs are timber?

My dilemma is choosing the right colour to paint the Matrix cladding for the upstairs facade as l have starting doubting myself from the original idea along with the Garage door colour.
My initial thoughts for the Matrix were to go darker greys now l am thinking lighter, but l have a concern with woodland grey looking to green. My thoughts for the Garage Doors were timber or Light/Dark greys.

Please Help.
Thanks
James
Hi James,

I've sorted your post out for you......

I would suggest you get yourself a sample of of Dulux Malay Grey and have a look at that colour.
I think it will work well with the look you are going for.
It also works with your Woodland Grey roof.

Good luck with your build

Remember all colours you see on your screen will be much lighter out in the sun.
Pepperfield
Jul 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Michelle
Maley grey is very close.
We also got given Tristan which is a greyier tone and more along the lines of what were aiming at. We just don't want the green in woodland grey to come up too much and we are hoping for a greyier tone. Is Tristan a good choice or is there another in a grey tone you would suggest ?
We don't want it too light as it will look the same as our anodic grey windows
Look forward to hearing your thoughts
James
Hi....yes Tristan will work as well, its only a shade or 2 lighter lighter Maley Grey.
Hi Michelle
Sorry, We are still not convinced with the colours, l think we may have to go lighter than Tristan do you have any recommendations on a couple of other colours in the grey tone slighty lighter than Tristan please..
Thankyou again
James
shale grey and wallaby?
Related
17/06/2023
Right sand to use?

Paving & Concreting

I'm putting a new floor in my kitchen, slate flagging on a standard concrete slab. I have allowed for a bed thickness of up to 20mm to accommodate the different…

27/02/2024
Does this quote seem right? Turf + landscaping

Landscape & Garden Design

They using concrete or timber sleepers? Timber or steel uprights? Any drainage behind sleeper?

7/04/2024
Storm water overflow pit, is this right?

Building A New House

Thanks for that, the PVC pipe is still about 40cm below ground level and it sticks out of the sand with no end cap or anything on it just open pipe, is this the finished…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum