Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Which render colour? Suggestions please, Austral Ash bricks

Page 1 of 1
What colour render would suit these colours? I would love some suggestions, as we had selected Boral bricks but since PD are now offering Austral we have the chance to use this lighter brick, which we really like. But it is back to the drawing board with the other colours!

This is Austral Ash bricks, appears to be Monument Gutter, obviously timber windows (not sure of the stain) Surfmist fascia and garage door.

It will only be the pillars at the front I think.

surely someone who is probably supposed to be working,
can give me their opinion?
I have had some thoughts, perhaps Malay Grey or Teahouse, not sure which though. Hoping D@n or Michelle or Anna might see this- I will no doubt get another elevation visual done, have to narrow it down a little first though!
I'm not as advanced in selections, so unsure of names. I was able to find Malay grey on google and it's lovely, and would look great. Are you doing timber windows?
Couldn't find the teahouse on google
Mumtomonkeys, thank for your response
Yes, we will do timber windows, probably something in a mid tone, with not too much red in it (maybe a teensy but more chocolate toned than this pic). Teahouse is very similar, just a little cooler, I can't find a good image of it on google either
To me that place looks unfinished and I think it's due to the brick colour. It's very light which means any additional colours mid to dark in tone will be high contrast. The cream colour is also making it difficult to find complimentary colours. If you do choose it then I would probably go lighter on the windows to blend in more.

I have seen this house,.which appears to have some Jasper,.and a white render, which looks great I think.... a bit hard to see the effect on the photo, perhaps a Jasper garage door and white render like this..maybe this is the way to go?

Dan, I think the .house looks unfinished partly because.there is no.render.. It was you.who put me onto having.a lighter.fascia, i think it looks.great with surfmist fascia as in the first photo,.but somehow need to tie it all in.

As you say getting the right colour for the render.will be.key.The facade we.are going for has Linea board between the.pillars,.thus breaking it up a bit. I.will upload.elevation when I get.home. What do think.about.having more Jasper, and touches of surfmist, like fascia, Linea board, maybe front.door?

Elevation pic...

I've ordered a visual from d@n- we shall see how the colours look. This colour selection business is hard!
Having a little search on line. Check out this house that has light coloured bricks (not nessarily Ash though):
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=50924&start=20
Read page 1 and 2 for the colours

This one has Jasper Garage Doors - also check out their rendered pillars:
http://steviegsinspiration.blogspot.com ... doors.html

M also have a good computer program called Studio M where you can play around with some houses, you just have to try to find one like yours. You get to add bricks, render, tile roof or colourbond roof etc etc (Sorry that I can't detail what 'M' is, apparently forbidden text. Think of another big bulk builder starting with M!

Have fun, it can really do your head in though.

How would Dune go with it? We found Dune could either go with the Browns or the Greys????
MummaDJ, thanks for that! I do like the colour in the first one, not sure if it is Dulux though... (which we need to use). The second house looks great, I really do like the Jasper. And in fact, in terms of the Dune, the interior designer from Hopetoun suggested we look at Dune, but I don't think it is what we are after. Stay tuned for elevation visual!

Interior designer actually suggested mud pack, which is the colour on the weatherboards in this first picture http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-ho ... /15044227/

Thanks for the suggestion for the website too
oh, I forgot to post the visual here:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a482/meowsy1/nhv142-1-2coburn_zps9a590afb.jpg
Hi Meowsy, how are you? Me are my wife are also stuck in color selection business for our home. Based on your elevation plan I could find that our plan is pretty similar to yours one. Can I request you to pls share photo of front of your house so that we can have some idea from it or alternatively you can suggest brick color, render color, gutter and fascia color. I know this is very old post. I hope to get a response from side.

Cheers
1. Colors on a large surface in the exterior look usually lighter than on a small surface. It is caused by many factors, such as light, size, or surface.
2. Avoid too glittering and live shades. If they were not corresponding with the function of the building, their appearance on the facade would become confusing.
Related
12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum