Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

External paint 1960's weatherboard house

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We have a fairly plain 1960's weatherboard house. It has a red tiled roof (quite clean and bright) and red brickwork around the base of the house. The current weatherboard colours are dulux flowercentre and dulux grey green for trim/fascia and windows.

As it is now time to re-paint I was thinking of having a colour change. There is a picture in the current Dulux selections brochure of a house with the following colours: Red Oxide for the fascia and trim, Regency White for the main colour and York Stone for the windows and front picket fence (which we also have).

Does anyone like this combination or should I stay with the old heritage cream/green colours?

Thanks
teenly77
Hi,

We have a fairly plain 1960's weatherboard house. It has a red tiled roof (quite clean and bright) and red brickwork around the base of the house. The current weatherboard colours are dulux flowercentre and dulux grey green for trim/fascia and windows.

As it is now time to re-paint I was thinking of having a colour change. There is a picture in the current Dulux selections brochure of a house with the following colours: Red Oxide for the fascia and trim, Regency White for the main colour and York Stone for the windows and front picket fence (which we also have).

Does anyone like this combination or should I stay with the old heritage cream/green colours?

Thanks

welcome to the forum teenly77

I could randomly suggest colours and ok the brochure colours for you, but if you tried to post a pic of your home I could do a lot better with colours.

Follow this link....
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1272
Hi Michelle and thanks for your reply.

Ok, So I've tried to upload a photo of our house. Here it is:

We painted 11 years ago and now the paintwork is starting to peel so it's time for an update.

I've actually changed my mind and was thinking of a different colour scheme now. Its in the Dulux brochure too. Self Destruct for main and Antique White USA for all trims, etc. Here is a link to what I'm looking at. I thought it might be good because of the red brick and roof we have, but then again maybe our roof it too red?

http://www.dulux.com.au/media/646576/dulux-9754.jpg

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Love this colour scheme!

There's a house In Berry near where I live that looks very similar in style and colour and it looks fantastic!
Make sure you paint your brick work out at ground level as well, it will give your home height.

Thanks so much for your input. Just needed that second opinion.

Ta lots
Just one more thing

What colour should I paint the front door? We have a matching door and side panel.

Will I paint the frames around both of them antique white and just paint the door and side panel self destruct? Or should the whole door and side panel plus frames be white? Or a different colour all together.

Sorry about all the questions....
Paint the lot full gloss antique white
Related
29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum