Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

dulux pale tendril

Page 1 of 1
Hi, We're paining all of our living area's in dulux pale tendril. I'm wondering if you have used this colour before? If so, what colour did you do the architraves and skirting? We're looking at doing them 1/4 strength and the doors in a high gloss 1/2 strength. The floors are going to be a lighter coloured timber laminate with a lighter coloured carpet in the lounge room. Do you think it'll be to much of the 1 colour? Should we break it up with something else?
Just found this FionaL.

I’ll have a look at the colour after work.
Sorry Michelle, After i posted it i realised i did so in the wrong area

The colour card for the paint is very deceptive. In some lights the colour looks a very pale green/grey..
Hi Fional,

The Pale Tendril, is defiantly a Green/Grey, it’s a nice calming colour!

If you’re looking to use this for the skirts, arks and doors I would keep them all the one strength. ½ would be nice, in full gloss.

Another alterative is to use a different colour to complement the Tendril.

On my colour card, which is one you have to buy, they have put the Tendril on top of China White; it’s a very nice combo. You could use the China White for the timber work.

This will help break up the amount of Tendril….as there will be quite a lot of it. At night and in corners it may be a little darker than you think. By having a neutral colour break (China White) it will soften the effect for you.

Have a look at the two colours together, and see what you think.

Don’t go off the Tendril……it’s a lovely colour; it’s nice to see the use of a colour on the walls for once!

Have fun!
Michelle,

Thankyou for that! We've already painted 3/4 of the house in pale tendril and started on the skirtings at 1/4 strength. We LOVE the colour and i can't wait to see what it's going to be like with the floors done as well.

(5 mins later) Hehe.. I just spoke to hubby, and we've agree'd to go with the China white. Thankyou so much for the advice. I'll upload a couple of pics of our progress so far
The dining room was:

Now is:

Loungroom was:

Now:

Before we pulled the curtains down.

This window measures 2.7m wide. I'm still tossing up between blinds or curtains. What do you think? The entry, hall, family room, kitchen and dining rooms will have timber flooring while the lounge and bedrooms will be carpeted.

PS, sorry about the spotty pics!
Those curved arches have to go..........

sorry.
They will be before we resell it
The colour looks nice….very fresh.

Have fun….looks like a big job
, but good the house is empty!
Related
8/05/2023
Acrylic render: Dulux or ROCKCOTE

General Discussion

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply again. I had a chat with the builder, he said he will use primer, then hydrotec which comes with colour and sealer as well. A Renderer I…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum