Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Should I put Colorbond 'Surfmist' on a white house?

Page 1 of 1
I have a white weatherboard house, built late 1940's and need to replace the roof. I am going to replace the existing tiles with colorbond and would like to use "Surfmist' which is almost white in colour. I like the beach house look but am a little concerned this may look like too much white, even though I have seen photo's of homes that have this colour scheme and I think they look good, however, I haven't seen a house in real life like this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
any pics?
Dollar
any pics?

Sorry no....they probably wouldn't help all that much as a lot of other work needs to be done to the house as well. It's more a vision in my head at the moment. I'm thinking even just for the insulation properties I should go with 'Surfmist' anyhow. I don't really like any of the other Colorbond colors -aside from 'Blue Ridge' - which has been discontinued. I want it to look fresh and 'beachy', however currently it just looks dilapidated.
I think I would go windspray which is a light grey, I think you need a little bit of contrast.
I understand your thoughts! I am a white lover myself. I think they could look just fine. If you have a contrasting trim like the grey suggested. I think an all white house can work well witha full green garden. You could have the contrast colour in your gutter as well.
Related
26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum