Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

How you have dressed your sliding/stacking door??

Page 1 of 1
We recently started looking at window treatments for our new home. When it came to dressing our sliding/stacking doors we were a bit stuck on which way to go.

So I did what most people do when they are confused...I googled it!

Well it seems we are not the only ones that need inspiration in this area. There were a few threads on this forum discussing this topic, but not too many with pics.

So I've come here to ask...please...pretty please...on behalf of myself and others that are in need of some visual inspiration...help us? Please show us how you have dressed your sliding/stacking doors?? Feel free to add any pros and cons if there are any

Many thanks to all who are happy to share
Sorry, no pics.
But I've been seeing a lot of roller blinds on sliding doors.
Ive also seen some horizontal roller blinds, as in going from the outside in, towards the opening, if that makes sense.
Hi Peas,

We'll be doing Panel Blinds - no pics yet, another 4 weeks to go.

Here's a website with some samples: http://www.blindsonthenet.com.au/products.php?catID=25
We've gone with roller blinds, that way when they're fully open, we're not covering up our timber sliders, which are a feature in themselves. The roller blinds are also neat and not bulky, simple, quicky and easy to use. Pics are on our blog here http://aaronerinpanorama.blogspot.com/2 ... linds.html
roller blinds here too. I wanted something you slide back, but don't like verticals and the panel glides didn't grab me. I really would have liked the vertiglides (I think thats what theyre called) that luxaflex make, but they were waaay too expensive.

happy with the roller blinds though
you can adjust the vertical height of them which controls sun glare better.
We went with curtains. We have a big open plan area with 6 windows that you can see at the one time and 2 bi-part sliding doors. We decided on Romans for the windows and curtains from the same material for the two sliding doors, just to soften it a bit. Also, curtains are really easy to pull back and close again for the dogs/kids. Well the dogs can't do it themselves but for us to let them in and out.

Another good thing about the curtains is that you can open them from outside to come inside. With most other treatments you can't do that so that was also a factor for us.

Here's an old pic.... excuse the dust.

We also went with curtains. They are great because it is such a large area and we can have them open so you can just get through the door or fully open so you can see outside. Our doors lead straight to our tv area too so they are great for totally blocking out the sun coming in when we are watching tv.
I am doing curtains too. We wanted roller blinds, but I didn't want them banging if we wanted the doors open for air and we needed them down and also, I was told I would need 4 blinds per door as they are wide doors and I didn't want cords hanging down in the middle.

I am having sheers on the dining and kitchen doors and putting a blockout behind the living room one for when we watch t.v.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum