Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

HELP - new brick colour required

Page 1 of 1
We have just received our DA consent (YAY) but one of the stipulations is that our colour are accepted with the expection of our brick colour "PGH - Pearl Grey" and it should be amended to a colour of dark and earthy tones.

Our requirements are: exposure grade brick with basix rating of medium.

We'd like to get a brick that may still work with our selected colours which are:

Roof Tiles: Boral in Gunmetal
Gutter/Fascia/Down pipes: Colour Bond Woodland grey
Windows: White:
Garage Door: Evening Haze
Feature posts: Wattyl Thunderbolt

We can change some of these if neccessary but if there is a brick out there that would slot in I'd love your suggestions.

Here is a pic of the house http://www.sekisuihouse.com.au/nsw/Home-Designs/Atrium-285
Please any help with a new colour??
The colours you got so far are neutral so most bricks will match. It's personal choice which bricks you like.
As an alternative to the Pearl Grey I really like PGH Mild Steel or Austral Asphalt but those are in our selection choices:

Does anyone know what Austral Carlisle or Brampton are like (would they be simiilar in shade to Mild Steel or Asphalt)?
I think you are going to have to get some sample bricks and hold them against each other. Also ask the manufacturers for some addresses in your local area to see whether you like the brick in real life.
kyton
I think you are going to have to get some sample bricks and hold them against each other. Also ask the manufacturers for some addresses in your local area to see whether you like the brick in real life.

Hi kyton,

that is exactly what we plan to do. The brick works a somewhat away from us so we can't do that for about a week.

I'm just not great with colours and I guess want some advice on whether what i'm leaning to will go with my other colours that were previously selected or if there is a better choice out there for me.
Hi kdgirl,

Just to let you know Austral Symmetry Asphalt are not exposure grade bricks. Austral Withsunday range are colour coated and some people had problems with chipping which exposes the red underneath. I found PGH to have a better range exposure grade bricks.
We initially chose Asphalt but had to change to exposure grade and reselected PGH Mild Steel. Also had a look the display house in this brick which reaffirmed our choice.

Good luck, bricks were one of the hardest decisions for us.
Thanks taki.

We went out to both Austral and PGH yesterday. We love Mild Steel and Mottled wood at PGH but neither are in our range, I will ask our builder for a quote to upgrade if it isn't much we'll go with one of these if not we'll go with Cement by PGH

I think with all these colours we' ll be able to keep all of our other colours even our feature render
Related
27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum