Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Hog Bristle

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
I am renovating the kitchen and dinning area and looking at Hogs Bristle either 1/4 or 1/2 for the walls. All the photos I have seen, the skirting boards and window frames have been white and it looks fantastic. I however have timber trim and I am wondering if it will still work well.
Opinions or recommendations on a similar color that would work well would be much appreciated. The kitchen will be a gloss white and I am going a sandstone look tile for the flooring. I also have white blinds.

Cheers
Annie
I don't have hogbristle but I think it would be the kind of colour that would work really well with timber. I understand what you mean though- sometimes it is helpful to be able to have a picture as an example- and if the examples you have seen are all with white trims- sometimes it can be hard to imagine it with timber! I think you'll be pretty safe with that choice!
By timber trim, do you mean the old mission brown stuff? If so, I still think it would look good, you might just have to do a few extra coats to cover the dark colour?

Otherwise you could go full or half HB on the walls and then half or quarter HB respectively on the trims, in gloss.

But I Like the white
The timber is more a light Tas Oak look. I am not keen to paint them white as the timber creates a real warmth and it is through out the whole house.
As I have white blinds and the kitchen will be white I think the HB will work, just would love to see a photo or hear if anyone has used the color with timber trim. I am still undecided on whether to go the 1/4 or 1/2.
Ooohh I see. Sorry I misunderstood, thought you were asking if the white trims would still work well!

Our floor is tas oak, we don't have HB walls but I'm sure lots with tas oak floors do. The timber has a lovely hue and is quite neutral, I think it would look lovely. But yes, to see some photos would be helpful!

If you have a photo of your room now, you can upload it to some where on the deluxe website and it lets you colour in the picture. That might give you an idea. I'm not sure where exactly this feature is on the website but I know just Erin has used it and mentioned it on here before.
we have HB 1/4 on our walls (which we love btw!)

Our trims are the same HB 1/4, which I'm going to change to gloss white, I think it will look much classier.

anyways, the reason I'm posting is to tell you that i Have a couple of oak looking timber bookshelves in my study and it looks perfect against the HB, I mean really lovely, so you should fear no more! At worst, if you hate it, you can paint them later, but it's a lot tougher to strip back paint and stain!!!

so go for it!
Related
You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum