Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Choosing external colours and bricks and tiles

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, we are very nervous home builders, given that neither my husband nor myself are particularly talented when it comes to colour selection etc etc.

Would really appreciate some feedback on our external colour selections for our house.

We are going with the Clarendon Glenlea 27 design with the Elite Facade.

Were thinking of doing the PGH Cassica brick, and using two feature renders of Taubmans Smokehaze and Surfmist. For tiles we are thinking of Boral gunmetal in the Macquarie range.

Does anyone have any suggestions for doing window frames, gutters etc. Should they be matched to the roof, or to the feature render colours???

If anyone has any photos of their house with dark brown bricks and feature rendering would really love to see them!

Thanks everyone
RenRen
hey, I don't think I have chosen all that great but the advise that was given to me was:
keep the garage, front foor, windows and fascia the same colour. I have gone all these with surfmist. I have then chosen monument for roof and gutters however the council wouldn't approve monument roof so we too have chosen gunmetal in macquarie for roof tile.

After selecting my colours (mind u the external colour consultant is no help)...so don't get ur hopes up that the meeting will be useful. I read on the forum that you should pick a white window frame and not surfmist as the surfmist can look greyish... It was too late for me to change so we had to keep surfmist....I guess I will jsut have to wait and see what the end result will be????

Goodluck!
External colours and tiling are the hardest parts!!!!!
Where are you buidling?
Hi Krissy and Dave
Thanks for the reply! We are building in Sydney in the Randwick council area. The external colour person at clarendon has suggested that we go with the following and actually reckon Dune rather than Smokehaze for the windows and fascia. I'm really not sure thought. What do you reckon?
HOw's your build going? Had a look at your blog, looks great so far!

Brick: PGH Spinifex Cassica
Mortar: Off White Ironed
Roof Tile: Gunmetal Macquarie
Gutter: Monument
Faisca: Dune
Downpipe: Monument
Watertank: Monument
Window Frames: Dune
Garage Door: Caoba Colourgrain
Render Colours (see attached highlighted plans): Taubmans Smoke Haze & Taubmans Surfmist
Cladding: Taubmans Surfmist
Hi RenRen

Just came across your post. I madly searched all over for these bricks I found on Realestate.com and as luck had it, it was a home that was for sale by Clarendon and we happended to walk into it by coincidence the other day.

The consultant told us the bricks they used were Spinifex Cassica by PGH

I have noted that you have used the same bricks and was wondering if you have any photos of you house as yet?

We are still waiting for our Plans to go to council and are building with Masterton so any help greatly appreciated as I have no idea what to pair up for the garage door and gutter colouring but I absolutely love the brick (albeit they are the most expensive in our range!)

Thanks so much in advance!
Hi Ren Ren,
I couldn't seem to look at your attached pics?? But I have had a look at the colours on the web and I think you have done well.
Was your garage colour an upgrade?
I can't think of where your cladding will be? Is there alot of it?
Surfmist is pretty much white, some pics it looks grey but I have surfmist windows, doors, fascia and garage and it's pretty white.
I think it will contrast really well with the bricks you have chosen and the monument. My honest opinion with matching it with Dune - is I am unsure about that part?
Do you have a pic of the facade you can post??
Related
5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

17/04/2024
Choosing easier lot for extension/renovation.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the suggested lot and found other problem on easement, which i will asked in separate thread.

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum