Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Painting Hardie's "Sycon" Cladding

Page 1 of 1
Will have our new home finished December 2010 at Buxton Qld 4660. Exterior finishes which I will be painting are Sycon Matrix and Axon Cladding. Inquiring which paint is best to use on this product. Had in mind Solarguard.

Mark Love
HI Mark

Congrats in your new house - Exciting times.

I have concurred with my wife who happens to be a qualified painter and the good lady agrees solarguard or Solvers Duraguard is the best for the job.
I know its been a while since the thread started (probably better to) but how did you find the ease of installing the product and how has it stood up to wear and tear. I'm considering whether to use Sycon Axon or the Duragroove by BCG and was hoping to get some first hand feedback.

Thanks
Any review on Duragroove vs brick veneer would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Related
27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

6/04/2024
Elliot Hardie Homes

Building A New House

The reviews are fake - we discovered they are mostly written by their staff or suppliers they deal with. We just built with EHH. The most heartbreaking experience of our…

16/04/2024
Hardie Linea Vs BGC Nuline Plus

Building A New House

We are building a house that was planned to be clad in Hardie Linea, our builder has now requested to swap this for BGC Nuline Plus. They look fairly similar and he has…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum