Bricks - Boral Port Phillip
Roof / Gutters / Downpipes - Colorbond Monument
Fascia - Colorbond Shale Grey
Pillars - Grey Stacksone sealed with slate sealer
Gables - Merbau
Garage Door - Colorbond Monument

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/rebel_radar/DSCN1711.jpg

Very Nice Claire looks great

wow really like the brick and the colour thats what i was thinking about good to see it in real life what colour scheme did you do inside with the charcoal windows
Any new facades to add people?

SmithiesWife
Any new facades to add people?

^^^^ yes please anyone
This will be our facade, eventually! Building with Beechwood.

Roof = Woodland Grey
Garage = Cedar colourbond
Outer parts of front windows = Woodland Grey
Inner part of windows, around front door and around garage = Windspray
Front upside down U = Surfmist.

Oh and Woodland grey gutters, surfmist for the fascias. I can't remember the window colours now! but they won't be black...

All of it is going to be bagged at the front, the rest of the house brick.
Really, really REALLY hoping it will look as good as we hope it is going to....
WizardofOz
This will be our facade, eventually! Building with Beechwood.

Looks fantastic!
Thanks turtleschell! I just went and had a squizz at your blog. How exciting for you! Things seem to be moving along nicely for you. I really love your plans and the activity room! I will have to figure out how to add my blog to my signature! I have put my plans up on there. For the moment though....(if you wanted to have a look that is!)

http://imnotunlucky.wordpress.com/2013/ ... -plan-png/

Wiz
I posted this in my build thread, but as it's a new thread that was perhaps unnoticed, I didn't get many opinions. I've been keenly monitoring this facade thread and have seen some good discussion here.

maximus
This is the current front-elevation I've worked through the builder and their designer:

• Roof will be colourbond
  • Right-hand side of facade will be brick
  • Walls associated with the garage will be brick
  • Feature pillars will be rendered and will have timber-stained posts
  • The room above the garage will be clad with a vertical cladding such as scyon axon or similar

Can anyone suggest a "white" colour to use for the vertical-cladding. I want something that looks white but is not too stark.

I used one of the online rendering tools to get a general feel for how colour schemes look. I quite like the scheme I came up with below. Unfortunately I couldn't find a facade that was a particularly close match.

The aim is for a relatively light roof colour (but not blinding). Bricks are also a light colour which will hopefully help to keep the house cooler in our particularly hot summers. I like contrasting window frames.

The roof is "Dune". I was originally thinking "Windspray" but think it is too grey. "Surfmist" is blinding so I'm avoiding that. I think Dune would tie in well with the bricks, which are Austral Symmetry Asphalt.

(the bricks are not quite as orange as shown in the image below)

Not quite the same as the above, however the specific colours I am thinking of are:

Opinions????????? ( be kind ).

Noting approximately 25% of the facade as shown in the elevation diagram will be cladding, what shade of "white" should I go with for the cladding so it is not blinding?

Manorborn:

Natural White:

Surfmist:

Sago Quarter:
I think Dune will look great with those bricks. Similar 'depth' of colour and it seems to be quite a warmish grey so will look great. I think the Pale Tendril might come out a little greenish? I could be wrong though. That was why I steered away from it. What about Beige Royal 1/2 or 1/4 for the cladding?
nathanbudde
Hi I thought i would help you out with this. I have just thrown it together but it will give you an idea what a charcoal colour would like like.

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/buddedesign/facaderealmodifiedcopy.jpg

Wow that looks great love the facade
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/Abztronic/3d%20plans.png

This is our facade. we start in a few weeks but we havent decided on a lot of things.

Things we have decided on
Austral bricks - Engage from the everyday range
Roof - Woodland grey
Gutter Woodland grey
fascia - surfmist
eaves - surfmist
Window frames - surfmist

Colours we are yet to decide on -
Garage door
Front door
Render colour
cladding colour
Hi there

We are having Austral 'Engage' bricks with dune roof. We also have cladding and are looking at a warm neutral colour but are worried it may be too light.

Can anyone recommend a beige/neutral colour that has a warm creamy look but is not too light.

Thanks. Karen
This is extremely close to our facade, except ours will be a shade lighter...

Love your façade tlblhayward
Very impressive!

Here's the facade we're planning. Its the Vogue facade on the Metricon Fortitude 32 (which after mods is now a 34sq).

This is what I have in mind for my facade

https://waldorfgrangebuild.files.wordpr ... .jpg?w=662
Hi all,

On Sunday I am finalising all colours. Little concerned and overthinking if it all works.

Bricks: Elements: Zinc with white mortar
Render: Dulux White Terrace
Garage Door: Glacier Caoba Dawn
Fascia: Dulux White Terrace
Gutters, Downpipe: Colorbond Monument
Window frames: Colorbond Monument

Roof: i was thinking Bristle Magnum or or Monier Barrimundi?

Hume front door and timber linings to suit garage door (Caoba Dawn) - Anyone know of a stain to use to suit Caoba Dawn?

Thank you ☺

Forgot to mention pillars are tiled with Digi Marble Black Lappato

Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum