Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Please help me with exterior colours!

Page 1 of 1
Hello Everyone

I am Building a two story house in Adelaide similar to the attached picture except we have a double garage. As we have 2 young children we didn't have much time to research exterior colours prior to our selections appointment. We had a few ideas but used the consulant's ideas to put it all together. Anyway this is what weve ended up with:

Roof, Gutter, Fascia: Colourbond Woodland Grey
Downpipes: Colourbond Paperbark
Eaves: 1/4 Colourbond Paperbark (selections consultant's idea)
Garage door: Paperbark
Front Double Doors: Charcoal Grey
Windows: White Birch
Front facade (rendered finish): Colourbond Paperbark
Portico: 2 x Colourbond Paperbark

Recently I have visited a few new housing estates and have noticed that paperbark/cream houses seem to be out of vogue whilst whiter and brighter homes seem to be in fashion. I was wondering if I used a colour such as colourbond Surfmist or similar for the facade with a Woodland grey roof and silver/grey windows whether it might make the home look "crisper" and more modern.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/dsc048951359.jpg/
It does seem like a lot of paperbark, especially with your garage the same. With your house design having predominantly only 3 colours, it may seem a bit bland.
Related
31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

6/10/2023
Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

General Discussion

Hi, Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings /…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum