Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Help! can you photoshop my horrid front Gables :(

Page 1 of 1
ok, so my front gables had the timber features put on a couple of weeks ago and I HATE it!!!

can you help me choose a colour to paint in between the timber slats?

what do you think of it?

we wanted them to be like this -

but ended up like this-
I looked at your first pic and thought very nice, what's your problem. Then scrolled down and could then see your problem. I agree they don't look the best.
I think paint in between a black and if possible put in more wood strips. If you can't do the wood then maybe paint a dark brown in between.
Good luck.
Hi pinkapples!

I had a play around with adding hardiplank to the gables, as I foresee the stripy-effect from the timber being hard to work with unless you just want to make it all timber.

The first is hardiplank with timber struts left as-is, the second is with timber struts painted to match the dark trim already existing:

Hey Pinkapples!

Here's an idea of what your gables could look like replaced with all timber.

Hope you find something you really love!!
yeah we wanted to keep the timber rather then replacing it with hardy plank!

I like the look of the full timber effect and i think we are just going to have to paint the white with a brown

Its so dissapointing because I said about 50 times I want small timber inserts and my bf and my uncle said "no way, it will look too busy" so when i was away, they went and got the bigger timber and put it up! I cant stand to look at it
Yep I think you were on the right track there, bf/uncle fail :p
I will never leave my house when something is being installed or created! this is the third time something like this has happened to me

so now im just going to have to figure out what paint to use! Anyone have a clue??
Vundaful!

I really love this one!!!
-Sha
Pinkapples, NEVER leave your BF and Uncle alone together again. They clearly cannot be trusted!!

What are the white sections made of?
its just standard gyprock.
[quote="pinkapples"]Its so dissapointing because I said about 50 times I want small timber inserts and my bf and my uncle said "no way, it will look too busy" so when i was away, they went and got the bigger timber and put it up! I cant stand to look at it
/quote]

Make 'em pull it down and do it properly.
It's nothing like what you wanted.... I recommend a major tanty and withholding privileges indefinitely till it's fixed. Honestly, I don't think you're ever going to be happy with any kind of compromise that can be done now.

NEVER let a man be in control of anything decorative.
i thought gables was the thing on top of the roof that sticks out
What about Dulux Squirrel to paint all the gables and upright posts.Its a dark nutty brown, like in Bobbins pictures. I like the wood colour contrast, rather than too much grey. Dont get too mad at the men, at least they got on and got the job done. They just need to finish it!!!!!
[quote="pinkapples"]yeah we wanted to keep the timber rather then replacing it with hardy plank!

I like the look of the full timber effect and i think we are just going to have to paint the white with a brown

Its so dissapointing because I said about 50 times I want small timber inserts and my bf and my uncle said "no way, it will look too busy" so when i was away, they went and got the bigger timber and put it up! I cant stand to look at it
/quote]
And they don't think that this looks busy?
kek
pinkapples
/quote]

It's nothing like what you wanted.... I recommend a major tanty and withholding privileges indefinitely till it's fixed. Honestly, I don't think you're ever going to be happy with any kind of compromise that can be done now.

NEVER let a man be in control of anything decorative.

I totally agree!
I love the very first one ... just get them to pull it down and start again, you will never be happy till its done properly
kek

Deemaree
And they don't think that this looks busy?

Totally agree with both.

I liked the narrower stained planks (as you originally wished) the best.
Vundaful!
Hi pinkapples!

I think this looks great.
Related
8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum