Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Which white to paint entire interior of house?

Page 1 of 1
Hello All,

I have read through this forum and seen several discussions on suitable whites to paint the interior of a house. However most refer to using a few different hues depending on the ceiling, walls or trim.

I have just purchased a house and have been informed of my beloved that I will be repainting it. It is in fairly good condition but is all oil based paint so I will have to use a primer first, then painting the same white throughout the house (was looking at Zinsser 1-2-3 as the primer. Apparently can be painted straight on without sanding back gloss of semi gloos oil paint, accourding to their brochure anyway.)

I realise this is a bit of a shortcut but I am pressed for time, experience and money. I was intending to buy a ceiling white and have it matched to the white for the walls and trim, which I would paint in low gloss. I figure with using the same white I will not have to be so careful about cutting in and the liek, just splash it on so to speak. The house has cypress pine floorboards that we will be polishing after I finish the painting and rip up the carpet (Will be using old carpet as replacement for drop sheet while I paint).

Sooo... my question is, which type of white would I be best off painting the entire house interior in, keeping in mind I intend to use only the one colour throughout. I was thinking Vivid White as the house is quite dark and does not get a lot of natural sunlight. Would this be advisiable or would I be better off painting it all in White on White, or perhaps Antique USA white or something else? Prefer closer to real white as the girl does not like the look of yellowy whites. Intended to get and have priced Dulux Wash n Wear 101.

Any comments appreciated. Am I kidding myself or could this work?

Milo
vivid white is straght white with no colour at all.
We painted our whole house in bristol Cottonball, looks really good. Its a nice stark white, no grey or yellow tinge. The light bounces around heaps because of it and makes the whole house lighter. You can see some pics in my show and tell, the links in my signature.
Have decided to go Vivid white throughout (and ceiling white for roof of course, also no tint to presumably same colour).

Lostris, good to hear you went a stark white throughout and looks OK. I also have a darkish house and does not get much direct sunlight so fingers crossed. Saw the photos in your show and tell thread and it looks great, that is what I am hoping for.
Related
23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

24/10/2023
Dark Interior Tiles - Charcoal

Building A New House

Hi All, I am looking to go with tiles instead of laminate timber flooring throughout my living areas for my new build (Ashbury 29 - Henley). My whole colour scheme is on…

23/01/2024
Interior stone wall DIY

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi Would love some advice on a DIY project I've dived into that's now keeping me up at night. We've got a cool 1970's Mid Century style house here in NZ and have always…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum