Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Please help me spunk up my house

Page 1 of 2
I am moving into my first home next month. I was hoping to get some advice on what colour to repaint the walls of my new house. I'm not a big fan of that lime green colour. I wanted to give the house some warmth and lively energy to it.
My husband is Indian and I am Mexican, and we want to choose colours that will personalise the house. Keep in mind that the decor isn't mine. These two photos are the realestate pics while the previous owners were living there. I plan to take down the photos in the entrance and put a big oil painting of Sunflowers. The tiles are white and the walls are off white at the moment. You have a clean palette.
Any advice????
Conchi….hide those lime green feature walls….there’s some people in here that have just had a lovely bash about lime green!!!!

Let’s watch and see what’s said….

I’ll have a look later for you, great that you added a photo, makes it so much easier!!!
How about a burnt orange or Sunset type color. Nice visually, a warm feeling, and would look nice.
I cant remember the name, but I am pretty sure thats a Henley design...

In the display here in Narre Warren it has grey walls where you have shown green. Perhaps??
Hmmmm Is this your home??

http://www.henley.com.au/vic/?part=houses&home_id=17

If so I am jealous as this was a real front runner in the houses that we shortlisted too!!

Matt
Yes it is a Henley, the Majestic. We were thinking of building a wilshire, but we miraculously came across this house!
I am really looking forward to hearing more ideas.
I was inclined to go with purplish/redish hues, but am open to explore more colours.
Keep the suggestions coming!
Thanks.
This is a Burnt Orange…I think it would look stunning as the feature wall on the landing of your stairs. By the way, to really enhance you LARGE painting of sunflowers, purple would be the best colour to use.
Purple and yellow are complementary colours and go perfect together. A slightly lighter version of this colour though, maybe!

Now….question, is the kitchen visible form the living room? If it is, I’d like to know what colours are the kitchen selections before I pick another colour for that room.

By the way Adrian B….good choices!!
Heres a nice burnt red for you.

Very Nice!!
But Michelle, it's lime green, wadda ya want to go changing it for? Just add in the kitchen (and maybe some soap holders)

3xb
Hey I'm red green colour blind. What's the problem?????
Well shock horror …..I actually like the lime green, in the family room. I would use a chocolate brown for the stairs.

IF…. it was me!

This is the kitchen. It is overlooking the family room. The kitchen has white cabinets and a black granite bench top with grey and white large specks. I really liked that burnt red colour that you mentioned before Michelle. What if I use a darker purple for the entrance with sunflowers? Would that be a nice contrast?
Whenever I finish painting I'll be sure to post the pics.
Thanks to all of you with your suggestions.
The burnt red is a stunning colour, that’s my dining room wall in the photo.
The colour is Dulux “Murray Red”. It will look fantastic with your black granite bench top!!

I think a deep purple and red would be very suited for both you and your husband’s nationalities.

YES….we want to see photos when you’re done.

Good luck and have fun!!!
thats a great floorplan!!
Timbo,

It is an awesome floorplan! It is even better when you walk it!

Henley have all sorts of option on this plan (feng shui stairs etc) and a load of room alterations....

Matt
Burnt orange/ rust reds would look warm and inviting in this lovely open stairwell area. They work well with surrounding neutral palette - and would create a focal point as the back drop to any art work.

all the best
Something like this??

Wowww... you guys are good.
Hey Matt, just out of interest…..can you put the same colour on the walls just below the top walls?? Either side of the staircase on the back walls, first floor.

THANKS!
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum