Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

homeone.com.au (v3.0) Feedback

Page 2 of 4
Sorry if this post runs at a tangent to the specifics of v3.0, but I have a beef with the amount of inactive members. Looking at the memberlist and sorting by posts reveals that over 114 pages of the list, which is over 5700 members, have never made a single post.

Would it not be good housekeeping to send them a reminder email, and if no response, delete them?
Good call ^^^
As mentioned several times before, please can links open up in a new window. It used to happen, but I think it disappeared at the previous forum upgrade. I can't tell you how many times I have closed down H1 and had to restart it again after closing the window of a link I was looking at!
Stormy
As mentioned several times before, please can links open up in a new window. It used to happen, but I think it disappeared at the previous forum upgrade. I can't tell you how many times I have closed down H1 and had to restart it again after closing the window of a link I was looking at!

Yep, that's been driving me crazy too. Sometimes I remember to right-click and select open in new tab ....but sometimes I don't.
Stormy

Totally agree with this one!
Can't think of any suggestions at the moment

Just wanted to say thanks for the great site. It's exactly a year today that I've been on here and I have learnt sooo much about the whole genre. Thanks
Rowena

Just wanted to say thanks for the great site. It's exactly a year today that I've been on here and I have learnt sooo much about the whole genre. Thanks
Happy anniversary Row!!!
Aaron & Erin
Rowena

Happy anniversary Row!!!

Thanks Erin!
I've spent many hours of my life on this forum...I really need to get out more
Hyper

I understand that from a technical perspective it's a bit more costly (more disk space needed, a bit more server grunt to serve up the images,...), and from a hosting bandwidth perspective it is more costly too, but hopefully the value of the improved quality of the homeone archive will outweigh any increase in cost (besides, disks and bandwidth keep getting cheaper by the day).

Those costs are indeed very high!!!!
Code:

Quote:
I'd like to know how to delete those 'threads that I may have commented on some time ago but no longer want to see appear everytime I log in.....

Quote:
Bit of a different line of "attack" here, but I access the site a hell of a lot via my phone. I've noticed since the upgrade to the new version the button to take you to the last post viewed in the thread (The little orange one next to the subject line) doesn't work anymore on my phone for me. I've got to go to generally the last page and scroll backyards - yes speaking of which if a thread has 67 pages, underneath it'll say page 1, ..., 65, 66, 67. I'll only be able to click on 67 or 1. 65 and 66 won't click.

(I have this problem on my desktop)

^^This
. These are the only whinges I have about this site. Maybe with the page numbers, just have a drop down list, or a jump to page field. In the building a new home forum, some of those threads can be 150 pages long, so it is really annoying if I need to get to page 110!

Nic.
One I thought of today - sometimes it's difficult to tell if it's a genuine H1 advertiser posting in the threads or a spammer. Maybe if paid advertisers were given a different colour name they wouldn't get reported or we would know straight away they were 'genuine'. It may weed out the impostors....
I've done forum search on "spa" - it says nothing is found!
I guess the keyword is too short; the error message could say this
After reading some of the previous technical posts I will preface my reply by saying I am totally technologolically deficient and computer illiterate. However, with the change to this new format I thought the forum had gone all together

I logged into www.homeone.com.au and could find no link to the forum and thought it had become a resurce site for building only. By fluke, a few months later, I was googling for home decorating foums and a link to this came up

So for the less bright.....where on the new home page is the link to the forum???? (because I still google home decorating forums to get the link
)
tjilpi, I agree,

It is right at the bottom of the page, in the footer, alongside "Site" and is called "Building Forum".

Homeone, I think this site deserves better than to be a footer. It would be a welcome addition at the top, right next to the "Articles" link - just as you put the "Search" link at the top bar of the Forums page.

SK
I agree with the above.

Open link in new window.
Also the link to the forum is not clear on the front page. I wanted to show a friend this forum the other night and had problems finding the link on the front page.
Start with something simple. Please fix clock. ( DST has finished )
Echo
Start with something simple. Please fix clock. ( DST has finished )

as this is user prefernce you need to change that yourself...

Click on "Control Panel" then on the left side click on "Board Preferences" in the Edit Gobal Settings option Summer Time/DST is in effect: then "dot" No then click Submit
Is all OK when logged in , but when just viewing site the time reads "All times are UTC + 10 hours (DST), Hence site clock is reading 3 hours ahead of us poor sandgropers. Is very confusing when just checking for replies without logging on.

suh passed on to the powerws that be quite some time ago

There is a thread about it
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33552&hilit
I really miss being able to do the multi quote thing from the tick box - that was awesome! I also find the not replying to all on PMs frustrating
H1,

You asked, I responded about LOCATION being mandatory in everyone's profile. Others agreed.

But STILL I keep finding some members who have no location. Other suggestions have been put into place. Is there a problem with implementing this suggestion?

Ash.
Related
19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum