Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

I have a question

Page 1 of 1
How can I keep a record of certain threads I am interested in?
At the moment I only go there when I have notification from a email.
I still havnt sussed out how to do a lot of stuff on here.
I tried clicking book mark but not sure what that has done

Also is there like a friend button where if you are interested in certain posters you can see when they post a new thread. like find more posts by taffy etc.
The reason I am asking is I have been watching in earnest some peoples build and accidently unsubscribed and cant remember who or what was who. Oops!
Have to try and find them again, but this site is getting bigger (which is good
) and its hard to keep track of everything.
Also I think if someone shows an interest in your post its nice if you show interest in theirs.

There must be an easyway I havnt found yet, sorry for my ignorance
You can search by user name if you want to see everything a poster has posted, or if you also add keywords you can filter their posts

Also once you find a post by someone you can view their profile (little button at the bottom of a post) and from there add them as a friend.

If you're really interested in some threads you can always add them as bookmarks on your web browser
you can also subscribe to a topic.

Back before the change of forum you could keep a set of topic threads in your personal folder to review. I'm not sure if that is what the "subscribe' thing does now or if it just means you get emails without having to join in the thread first.
I think subscribe send you an email when someone replies in the thread
purpleninja
I think subscribe send you an email when someone replies in the thread

Yep thats what I'm doing now, but I would like to follow other peoples threads but without reading titles and authors in new posts dont know how to find certain posters new threads.
There must me a little book you could keep track of them in

I cant remember the title of some threads I was interested in but lost so dont want the same thing to happen in the future.
Look out I could be stalking you
use your web browser.
For your book marks you can create named folders.
Go to organise bookmarks to do that.
Create a folder called Homeone, then create sub folders relating to the threads you wish to save and organise.
With fire fox, you would click on bookmarks, then click the folder marked "choose" Hope that helps.

Oh and also if you wish to keep track of a members latest posts, click their profile.
It might have there, "all posts from this loser/ I mean user"

You will see a list of posts and the latest ones will be at the top of the list
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum