Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

To sell or not to sell

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Market is not doing good at the moment. We are in doubt whether to proceed with the sale being $100k lower than what we were expecting or wait until the market performs better. We've spent so much in the house to upgrade so if we sell now we are actually losing plus we won't have big deposits towards the new loan. Not a good timing in today's market. We bought a land off the market last year which is about to be settled in few months then hoping to start with the build.

My question is, would you rather sell the property now so you can proceed to build your dream home? Or wait for the market to perform better but give up your dream home for now?

We were able to price lock the house design with the builder which will save us around $30k.

Thanks
Iluminatis
Hi,
I sold my house in the same conditions like yours, I didn’t know at the moment that the prices are so low, my agent said that everything is gonna be alright, the price is the best on the market. I bought my new apartment from https://www.theflorenceresidence.com.sg , remodeled it the way we(me and wife) wanted, but the apartment is so big, we could not even imagine. After we moved in the new one, a friend of mine told me that the price we sold the apartment was the lowest one, and our agent said a lie. I called the agent, he said that we got the maximum from the sell of the house. In a final I gave up, and decided to help people we the same problem. I can tell you to wait a bit more, check the price in your region of the other houses, and don’t rush. Hope I helped you and you will find out what to do.

Thank you. Yes, just need to be patient and the right buyer will come. We feel like if we lower the price too much, we are giving away too much of our hard earned money. If we are a millionaire then it's fine but we're not.
Totally agree. You shall not make such a decision in a hurry.
Sounds like you don't need to sell, if your current situation is OK, I'd wait.

No-one knows what's going to happen: will immigration continue into Australia?? Will people spend or save? After the Depression, lots of people were extremely thrifty, which is bad for economy and house prices.
I advise you to wait and not make things up. You can always count it all up and find something to save money on. Taking out a loan will never be a problem, if anything.
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

23/05/2023
Rainwater Tank not filling

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

But if it is a ground level open pit, then it is not a charged system. No surprises there. The pipes have obviously been altered and there would be a reason for this.…

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum