Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

When to inform the current landlord/ estate agent

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I have recently bought a unit in NSw and my settlement is on 14th March. I am currently on rent, not sure when should I tell my current landlord about leaving. In my contract it's written that I have to give 20 days notice but I am thinking that if God forbid settlement got delay or something happen I have to leave the place after 20 days.
Can someone guide me when should I inform my current landlord ? Should I wait for final settlement or should I inform now ?
Just give your notice to vacate at the correct time. This will be better for you if you have to extend your rental stay. When you give your notice, have a chat to the property manager about this scenario. There is usually a bit of a gap before new tenants move in. I guess you want to do the right thing, but technically if you over stayed at your rental without approval, it would take some time for the agent to instigate action to have you.evicted.
Related
13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum